Success after IF

Nicholas got bit today

My mom watched him this morning for a couple of hours while I went to my OB appt.  She babysits for twin 2 year olds girls, so I dropped Nicholas off.

He doesn't really play with them and it's funny to see his reaction to them.  Like he's amazed that there are 2 of them and they look exactly alike.  When I dropped him off, one was in the living room and the other in the family room.   He walked up to one and then he walked away and saw the other one.  He was probably thinking "Hey wait a minute weren't you just in that room over there?".

When I got back to pick him up, my mom told me that one of the girls, bit him on the chest.  She showed me and you could see the outline of the mouth.  No skin was broken.   My mom thought she was hugging Nicholas- which she was (had her arms around him) and went to give him a kiss- but I guess it turned into a love bite.  Nicholas howled and steered clear of them after that.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nicholas got bit today

• His first hickey!
  • imageRoxBride:
    His first hickey!

LOL!

Elizabeth was bitten last week on the shoulder at daycare, but it did break the skin so our pedi put her on an antibiotic. I had to remind DH that biting is developmentally normal at this age....he wanted to use Elizabeth's class photo as a lineup and see if she could identify the biter. :)

After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • As the mom of a biter can I say how sorry I am? I am glad you aren't overly upset about this as I am sure your mom watches them closely and that you know this is a normal development for many kids that age. But I am still sorry it happend to your N.
  • imagekittylove:
    As the mom of a biter can I say how sorry I am? I am glad you aren't overly upset about this as I am sure your mom watches them closely and that you know this is a normal development for many kids that age. But I am still sorry it happend to your N.

Oh don't worry about it.  I totally know that it's normal and it was probably just a matter of time before he was bitten.  Not that it matters, but I honestly dont think the girls understood what they were doing (at least that's what my mom said).  They are special needs and really don't understand a lot and really probably thought they were being affectionate and just got overly affectionate.  it definitely wasn't out of aggression

I know their mom and when my mom told her, she felt terrible.  I laughed and said "Don't worry about it, it happens and he's fine".  

• Penny went through a biting stage, and I think I blocked it out until now.  It sucked and I was glad when it was over..She would bite when she was hugging too.  It was like she was so excited, she would bite down.  Luckily it was usually me, and not another kid!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"