April 2011 Moms
Options

Need to vent!!

If there is one thing you should never do to an eight month pregnant girl is mess around with her baby shower!

My boyfriends family has been telling me that they are going to throw me a baby shower for a while, but never told me any details. A few weeks ago they asked where I wanted to have it an stuff  like that so I knew that the shower was coming up and I began to get excited. Earlier last week the girl who volunteered to plan most of it said "Does this Sunday sound good for your shower?" Obviously I said yes because I have been looking forward to my shower, basically, since I got pregnant (who doesn't). All week I was SO excited that my shower was finally here. I bought a new dress and got my nails done the day before my shower.

Sunday (the day my shower was supposed to be) rolls around and no one is home. I'm thinking maybe they're out shopping for my shower getting it ready... but nothing. So I'm thinking maybe its a surprise shower and she just accidentally told me the date. But it gets later and later, and everyone I ask says that they haven't heard anything about it.

Needless to say my shower didn't happen yesterday and I can't help but take it kind of personally. I know that its mainly my hormones, but I'm really upset.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Re: Need to vent!!

• Options
    Dude!  SO NOT cool!  I'm so sorry to hear that your Sunday was such a disappointment!  I would be crushed.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!  That is NOT your hormones making you upset - if they asked you if "this Sunday" was good, and then nothing happened, that's pretty crummy.  Hopefully there is a good explanation coming your way!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did you ask the girl who volunteered why the shower didn't happen on Sunday?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"