Baby Names
Options

Amoret Lucille, what do you think?

A bit close to amoretto, but she was the CUTEST little girl so that might be why I thought it was so adorable. I won't be using it, but thought I would mention it.

Re: Amoret Lucille, what do you think?

• Options
    Lucille is nice. Not a fan of Amoret.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options
    If I saw that name somewhere, I'ld pronounce Amoret with a French pronunciation, so Am-or-ay. In fact, I think I like that better than Amoret
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSarahPLiz:
    If I saw that name somewhere, I'ld pronounce Amoret with a French pronunciation, so Am-or-ay. In fact, I think I like that better than Amoret

If you did see it, I suspect you saw it on Appellation Mountain.  I was chatting with a mom of a child with the name who mentioned that she saw it on Appellation Mountain recently for the first time.  

https://appellationmountain.net/2011/01/25/baby-name-of-the-day-amoret/ 

Edited because I am a twit. 

• Options
    I would also pronounce it with the French pronunciation.  I don't mind it that way.  Dislike it pronounced Am-oh-rhett.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageBostonGayGal:

imageSarahPLiz:

If you did see it, I suspect you saw it on Appellation Mountain.  I was chatting with a mom of a child with the name who mentioned that she saw it on Appellation Mountain recently for the first time.  

https://appellationmountain.net/2011/01/25/baby-name-of-the-day-amoret/ 

Edited because I am a twit. 

I understood before your edit. I think I may have seen a link to that. I, too, would think it was little love, but a masculine, since Amorette would have the "t" pronounced and be feminine in French.. per most rules that I remember anyway.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    If Amoret = Amore then Yes.  I just don't know if most people would pronounce it that way.  Amor-ette (if that's the way it's pronounced) = horrid.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really like it!

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • Options
    Not a huge fan of either name.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"