November 2011 Moms
Options

Question about blood test?

This was our first month TTC and I had a positive HPT yesterday at 10 DPO according to my FF chart. I called the doctor this morning to set up an appointment, which they said they like to see everyone around 8 weeks. I don't mind that but I did ask them if I could come in to have blood work done just to confirm everything is ok since I did test so early and this is my first pregnancy. They acted like they had never had anyone ask for a blood test before and seemed confused that I asked for one. They went ahead and scheduled me for one but now I'm feeling really stupid and that I was wrong and don't need this done. And now I'm obsessing over it. I realize it's probably not "needed" but it would be a huge piece of mind for me. Should I cancel or just go ahead with it anyway? My husband said not to worry about what they think of me and do what I feel comfortable with. I thought I'd get your advice. Thanks!

Re: Question about blood test?

• Options

If you want it, get it, don't feel bad about it.

Just don't worry yourself too much -- love your baby and remember the pregnancy mantra:

"Today I am pregnant and I love my baby"

image??? Baby Jane born sleeping @ 22.5 weeks ??? MY OWN NUTSHELL -- The Blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't think you should feel stupid at all.  If it will make you feel better, then it's totally worth it.

I just made my first appointment and they don't do a blood test either.   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

agree with everyone else..if you want it, get it.  :-)

when I called mine, they gave me the option but ONLY because of my history of MC's. 

Congrats!!!

• Options

The initial blood test only tell you so much-what's more important (especially at the early stage) is that they are increasing as they should be.  That said-I still would request it and get it done!  Big Smile

Hoping for a great number!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for all the reassurances! I feel much better already. I just found out I have a meeting that would make me have to reschedule the appointment. I'm going to talk with my husband tonight but I may just cancel it altogether and take another HPT for my peace of mind. You ladies are so encouraging and helpful! Thanks for everything!
  • Options
    I am definitely getting a blood test. We decided to wait until 5 weeks to do so but either way, you have the right to have one whenever you want. They shouldn't make you feel awkward about it, that's pretty insensitive on their part!
  • Options
    With ds #1 I actually never even got a blood test to confirm.  I did however get a blood test yesterday since I was inseminated, but if you want one...I say go ahead!

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I called back today because I had a meeting at work come up for the time I had scheduled to get the test done. I talked to someone else and they were so much more helpful. They do all the tests and medical history etc. at 8 weeks with the nurse and then they do another appointment at 10 weeks with the doctor to go over all of the information from the test results. I feel so much better about this now. Wish I had talked to her yesterday. I was seriously contemplating going somewhere else! Thanks for all of your support! I hope the rest of my pregnancy isn't this up and down emotionally (but I bet it will be!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"