Cloth Diapering
Options

Aplix vs Snaps

I've seen quite a few posts on replacing the aplix with snaps.  I guess what is everyone's thoughts on the aplix  and the snaps. [Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Aplix vs Snaps

• Options
    I don't have a strong preference. Though DD is starting to figure out aplix ;)
  • Options

You get a better fit with aplix, but snaps are harder for the sneaky toddler to get off.

I am so crabby that the aplix snagged one of my brand new diapers in the wash. I want to get rid of all of it now.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I prefer snaps purely for the laundry aspect. The aplix never seems to stay stuck to the laundry tabs, so things are always getting ruined in the dryer. And the aplix we have is already wearing down and looking frayed.
  • Options
    aplix snagged my diapers. and my babylegs. and it doesn't look as nice in the long run. and the fit does not seem as sturdy. in my experience.
    Photobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I haven't used them yet, but like PPs, the tabs don't seem to stay put in the laundry and end up snagging other fabric

• Options
    I think I have 1/2 and 1/2... I like them both for the different reasons in pp.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like the snaps for laundry, but I'm sure when DS gets older I'll be glad I have snaps.
  • Options
    imagelrachelle80:

There are pros and cons to each.

Aplix - more custom fit, easier for DH/babysitters/night changings.

Snaps - more baby-proof (older babies might figure out aplix), last longer

A lot of people keep a few of each. 

This. While I almost always buy snaps, the few aplix dipes I have, I leave out for DH in case he is up with DS at night.

• Options

I use both. We have more aplix than snaps because of daycare, but I use snaps a lot at home. DH, however, is terrible with snaps. He can manage Fuzzibunz and that's about it.

I don't have too much trouble with my laundry tabs. Every once in a while one catches an insert, or another diaper, but it's rare.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"