Baby Showers

Baby Shower Menu

Hello ladies!

I'm planning a baby shower for one of my friends in May (4 weeks before I'm due myself)... and I need some menu help! 

I wanted to have some easy finger food ideas for the party that won't take all weekend to make. I'm doing cupcakes already, and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. I am going to have chips/salsa and chips/dip as well. I need some 'meat' ideas.... finger sandwich recipes or something similar I can add to the menu. Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Re: Baby Shower Menu

• I usually buy a big bag of meatballs, throw them in the crockpot add grape jelly, teriyaki sauce and some red chili sauce and it has always been a big hit, plus it's super easy!

Also I have made sandwiches that are super easy: thin bread, cream cheese mixed with kalamata olives, very fast, easy and yummy!

Good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Oct Angel Babies
  • Ditto the meatballs the pp mentioned.  Or you could do sliced up kielbasa or mini hotdogs in the crockpot with half ketchup/half brown sugar.  So good!  Also, mini sandwiches...lunch meat or chicken salad/egg salad.  You could make these or order them from a grocery store or Sam's Club. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • For finger sandwiches, I like to make a roastbeef, horseradish sauce and sliced tomato.

Also, lox (smoked salmon) served on cucumber rounds or on cream cheese &bagel chips.

GL!

• Personally, I would go the easy route and get a wrap/sandwich platter from a restaurant or Costco (the ones at Costco are really good).

I would also have:

Vegetable dip and fresh veggies (I love the Marzetti dill veggie dip)

Meatballs (again, get the premade and make a sauce or just use BBQ sauce)

Cheese, cracker and fruit tray (you could just have a cheddar cheese + apples and grapes)

You could also have some kind of cold salad - potato salad, pasta salad, etc

Drinks

• I think sandwiches are a great idea, but I'd personally do it a little differently.  I'd do a make your own.  Buy one of the deli meat/cheese trays and a selection of rolls.  Then just set out, mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. and people can make their own sandwiches the way they like them.  I post this as a picky eater myself who wouldn't eat most of the PPs suggestions.

Maybe throw in a tossed salad or a fruit salad depending on your budget.  Fruit salads get expensive if the fruit is out of season.

• I understand the picky eater's suggestion, but I don't want to make my own sammies at a shower or party. I'd rather have a few options, and as long as one is plain (veggies+ dip/hummus, fruit, chocolate), then picky eaters who don't like the (delicious sounding!!) roast beef +Horseradish+tomato at least have something to eat.

I do a great crockpot seafood dip: 1-3 cans of cream of whatever you like soup, 1 lb. can of crab meat or crab claws, a handful or two of chopped cooked shrimp, plus whatever other seafood your taste or budget allows for, a 2 cup bag of shredded sharp cheddar, and smoked paprika, S&P, a dash of cayenne. Crockpot for at least 2 hours on high, then reduce to low, stir to mix, and re-season as necessary.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
    221_-6_Little Charlotte is.png" alt="baby" border="0" />
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"