Multiples
Options

Met an ID twin today with 5 sets of ID's in family

I was shocked.  Took DS1 to the playground in our subdivision.  She said she's an ID twin and there are 5 sets of ID twin girls in her family.  I know it's said that it's a fluke, but stories like that make me wonder.  She was so nice, has 3 kids (2 are around my kids age) and is moving in our neighborhood in a few months (waiting for them to finish building her house). 

Re: Met an ID twin today with 5 sets of ID's in family

• Options
    I know - I know of a fraternal twin who had an ID set of twins. Makes me wonder too.
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They say identicals aren't even hereditary anways. I am an identical twin who had identical twins so who knows. My husband has identical twin cousins as well. So it makes me wonder....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

There is a guy (big winner) who got two girls pregnant with in months of each other (one of the girls goes to the same OB as me). One is having ID twins and one is having FRAT twins (The girls actually get along since they have a lot in common now). They say no other twins run in the girls families. The guy also has brothers that are ID twins.

The experts would say that all of that is a coincidence, but I disagree. I hear stories like this all the time now. I believe there is a lot about twins that they have not discovered yet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I know what you mean. My twins will be the 5th generation on my mom's side of family and the 4th generation on my dad's side of family.  All the other twins are boy/girl fraternal.  Mine are the first set of boy/boy identical.  I find it hard to believe that it was just a fluke!! The twins have not skipped a generation on either side of the my family.  Our local newspaper did an article on them too. I'm sure there is some type of connection to genetics...even though they don't believe it yet.
  • Options
    I've always thought it possible that some women just have weaker eggs more prone to splitting, or that the man has super strong sperm that weakens the egg. 
  • Options

imageAussie*s_Mom:
    I've always thought it possible that some women just have weaker eggs more prone to splitting, or that the man has super strong sperm that weakens the egg. 

LOL, My DH feels that he has "Super Sperm" and that is why we are having twins. Its so funny that you say that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageAussie*s_Mom:

Bahahahahahaha.

That's a tough one!  Because there ain't no way I'm claiming a "weak" egg...but I LOVE telling my husband that the twins had everything to do with my anatomy and not his.  Big Smile

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"