Eco-Friendly Family
Options

What do you use instead of home fragrances?

I've stopped using the Glade Plug-in types of air fresheners, but I feel like I still need something to just spruce up the place a bit, especially until it's warm enough to air the house out by opening all the windows.  Candles are great, but they take awhile to really have an effect.  Is there anything that works either constantly similarly to a plug-in or more immediately than a candle?

Re: What do you use instead of home fragrances?

• Options

I avoid candles, they release tons of carbon into the air.

I'm curious what others say, but I've just started adding grapefruit, lavendar or eucalyptus essential oil or hydrosols to water in a spray bottle.  I've just spritzed linens and furniture with it, and while the scent is definitely really light I think it's freshened everything up a little.

I think that essential oils would work well in one of those tart warmer type things, too.

• Options
    Look up ways to use essential oils. That is what I use! I put a few drops on a cotton ball and put it in the bathroom and in the car to give it a nice smell. I love the way essential oils smell.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a wood burning stove and we use a couple of drops of essential oil into the kettle that's on top to add moisture to the air.
    2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • Options
    I've always felt like clean air smells better than any fragrance I would put out.  But I never understood air fresheners either so I'm probably  not the right one to answer.  Stick out tongue
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"