Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Stomach sleeping while swaddled

I had been wrapping DS in a blanket but with his arms out.  I've always laid him down on his side so he could choose to sleep on his side or roll to his back or stomach.  Recently he started needing the swaddle during the day to sleep better.  During his nap this afternoon he rolled to his stomach, while fully swaddled (feet just left loose).  Took a GREAT nap.  He was having a hard time settling down tonight so I swaddled him again.  Just checked on him and he's on his stomach again.....while swaddled.  This kinda makes me nervous.  But at the same time, he hates tummy time for the most part so I'm sure once he wakes up enough to realize he's on his stomach he'll be pissed and start crying.

Do I just leave him or should I roll him over?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stomach sleeping while swaddled

• Options
    If I was in your shoes I would put him on his back. If he weren't swaddled I'd say leave him, but I would worry otherwise. That's just me, though!
  • Options
    For the last two nights DS has been going to sleep on his stomach swaddled. I leave him like that until I'm ready to go to bed then I turn him on his back.
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ehh, I'm not too sure. The swaddle makes me nervous. Maybe you can unswaddle him while he is on his stomach without waking him up (I know, I know.. harder said than done). Maybe you don't need the swaddle anymore and you can just lay him on his stomach?
    Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  I was planning on turning him to his side because I was just too nervous to leave him.  He was starting to stir when I walked in so I didnt feel so bad about moving him.  I have tried laying him down on his stomach and he hates it.  He has to get there on his own.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Have you seen the breathable crib mattresses?  My ped just told me about it.  He says it's the safest mattress he's seen.  The mattress is made from the same fabric found in tennis shoes; that padded mesh fabric.....anyway, a LO can breathe right through it.  Here is the link to the manufacturer. 

https://securebeginnings.com/ 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"