Babies: 3 - 6 Months

favorite toys

DD is showing an interest in things other than my boobs and I want to get her a few toys.  She's got teethers (sophie) and some rattles but I was looking for something a little more interactive.  Even if she isn't ready for it now, she can use it in the next few months.

Anyway, through the bump I found sophie, her RnP and the soothe and glow seahorse so I am asking you ladies for help once again.

What toys do/did your LO's love around 4-6 months?

Re: favorite toys

• MIL bought her this doll and she loves this thing:

https://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=lamaze+doll&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=vMw&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&resnum=1&biw=1366&bih=548&bav=on.1,or.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=8232752640608521087&sa=X&ei=52ZsTZyKB8ygtweMq8DbBQ&ved=0CFoQ8wIwAA#

also I discovered today that she loves the Bright Starts links- I had pulled a couple out of the bag to clip a toy onto her jumperoo and she grabbed them out of my hand and she played/chewed on those things for a good 10 minutes! I clipped a bunch together and put them on the jumperoo, we'll see if she keeps playing with them.

The other thing she loves right now is bubbles- I put her on her back on the floor in the nursery and blow bubbles and she will sit there and watch them for forever. Today we were in there for almost 45 minutes.

• Charlie is loving his bee. I think it's for 6+ months but he's been playing with it since he was 3 months (there aren't any small parts and I'm always with him.) He doesn't quite get the whole numbers/shapes thing but it sings to him and has a flashing light so he's happy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsFv20:

The other thing she loves right now is bubbles- I put her on her back on the floor in the nursery and blow bubbles and she will sit there and watch them for forever. Today we were in there for almost 45 minutes.

Ooh, that's a smart idea. But do they ever get in her face/eyes? (Is that a stupid question?) I feel like Charlie would be grabbing at them and the soap would get in his face. I feel like he would love watching bubbles though.

• imagebeccs98:
    imageMrsFv20:

Ooh, that's a smart idea. But do they ever get in her face/eyes? (Is that a stupid question?) I feel like Charlie would be grabbing at them and the soap would get in his face. I feel like he would love watching bubbles though.

I blow them up over her feet. She does grab at them but if any are heading right toward her eyes I catch them. She just loves watching them, for the most part! I did make sure to get non-toxic bubbles...I picked them up on impulse at the drug store.

• DD is obsessed with the Lamaze Owl.

She talks and squeals at it while grabbing all the different textures and putting the different parts in her mouth. She also loves her Sophie and Tiggy (found at a local store here called Tiny Bird Organic Baby).

Tiny Bird has these dolls called Bla Bla Dolls. They have a pretty neat story (taken from the tiny bird website description): BlaBla started in 2001 when two long time friends (Susan Pritchett and Florence Wetterwald)  went to Peru.  By chance, they discovered entire villages of expert knitters who had been keeping the tradtion alive for generations.  Inspired by their talent and gentleness, they decided to create their own line of knitted products for children.  They first started with sweaters and hats, often with a finger puppet peeking out of a pocket.  The collection now includes backpacks, strapbags, dolls, booties, pillows and blankets.  Working with the artisans has been challenging, inspiring, exhilarating and hilarious, never bording and always humanly rewarding.  ....a relationship based on mutual friendship, loyalty, respect and comprehension which has created a better world for all of us.  Blabla takes pride in its fair trade ethics and genuine commitments.

Sorry for the long post!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsFv20:
    imagebeccs98:
    imageMrsFv20:

I blow them up over her feet. She does grab at them but if any are heading right toward her eyes I catch them. She just loves watching them, for the most part! I did make sure to get non-toxic bubbles...I picked them up on impulse at the drug store.

Ok great! I'll definitely try it out. Some days I run out of things that hold his attention.

• Thanks for the suggestions!!  I love the bubbles idea!

• Josie loves any of the Lamaze plush toys- we have the peacock, moose, firefly, panda and giraffe. She loves them all equally and I can see them being better the older she gets.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • DD loves bubbles! She has since about 2 months old.

Her new favorite is this Vtech ball. The voice annoys the heck out of me, but she loves it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Get the Melissa and Doug bubbles on Amazon for $2.49. It's seriously a great item, there are sooooo many bubbles that are long lasting and it's non toxic. DH said it was the best bubbles he's seen in his 26 years of life and DD has been following it with her eyes since 6 weeks! We use it a lot during tubby time since our cat is always up in our biz if we pull it out any other time (he is scared of water so he doesn't come into the bathroom). Seriously, it's a little pricey but way better than the other stuff we tried!
  • The Lamaze toys are awesome. 

DS's favorite toy in the world is Mort:

https://www.amazon.com/Lamaze-LC27014-Mortimer-the-Moose/dp/B000I2MRLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298982411&sr=8-1 

They have a bunch of different ones - a lion, tiger, peacock, etc. DS also has the peacock and likes it too. 

DSC_0330editedimage
    The two men in my life. Oh, and I have a husband too...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageuptonogood:

DD loves bubbles! She has since about 2 months old.

Her new favorite is this Vtech ball. The voice annoys the heck out of me, but she loves it.

This!! Cam loves this ball and its great to use to get her to sit and reach for it (since usually she jsut wants to stand and jump!)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"