March 2011 Moms
Options

WWYD--stopping work?

As of now, my last day at work before maternity leave is scheduled to be 3/15 (which is a Tuesday), unless baby comes early. My edd is 3/17.

I'm taking 12 weeks off, but because my original plan was to stop work in the middle of the week, my boss said I didn't have to come back in the middle of the week...I can start fresh on a Monday...so I basically get almost 13 weeks off and don't have to come back until June 13.

However...I'm exhausted as it is now, and my parents arrive in town on 3/13 (the Sunday before my last 2 days of work). I'd really like to just make the previous Friday (3/11) my last day, and I'm sure my boss would have no problem with it--it just gets me coming back to work on June 6 instead...one week earlier.

WWYD? Would you suck it up and work those last 2 days in exchange for another full week off on leave? Or would you stop work the previous Friday so I could relax and spend time with my parents, assuming baby hasn't come yet...but knowing I'd have to come back to work a week earlier in June?

Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

Re: WWYD--stopping work?

• Options
    I would suck it up and work the extra two days in order to earn a whole extra week off. I have a pretty good idea of how you're feeling right now, we are all so tired and ready to be done with work, but you can do two days. Get them over with and you will be so happy you did, I'm sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would suck it up.  You'll be much happier with that extra week with your LO when the time comes.  Its only two days and who knows, the baby could come earlier and then you would have worried about nothing! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Stick it out if you can.  My Dr. wants me on half days until I go into labor now EDD 3/17 but I couldn't do it b/c I don't have enough leave to still take my 6 weeks maternity when he shows up and get paid.

So we are sticking it out too.  Hang in there.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Try, try, try to suck it up and deal with the two days... you'll be so happy you did during that last week!
  • Options
    I would try to suck it up for those two days.  I know how you're feeling, though - I'd love to stop working earlier.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would work those two days because you never know if you're actually going to have your baby on March 17.  Unless your OB has already said he/she will induce you any day past that, you could very well go up to another two weeks, which would cut way into your leave time and you wouldn't even have your baby yet.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think baby might make this decision for you!

Personally, I'm sucking it up and working for as long as possible. I only have 26 days of leave and I'd like them all to be spent on time with baby!  

• Options
    i'm in a similar situation... not sure what to do.  Do you have the option to work from home at all?  I'm thinking that will get me to the end so I can work until I'm in labor and not waste any of my time till baby is here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would definitely suck it up and work the extra two days if it meant practically a free week on the other end.  I'm also taking a full 12 weeks and I'm completely miserable at work right now, but each day I tell myself that it will be worth it in the long run because I'll have a full 12 weeks with my lo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"