Cloth Diapering

What do you do with the dirty diapers?

I am currently using Bum Genius diapers and I have a FuzziBunz hanging diaper pail.  DH has been complaining that it smells really bad in there (I don't really notice it) and that we should move the diaper pail to a different room.  I really don't want to do that because it will be very inconvenient.  What do you use to stop the room from stinking?

Re: What do you do with the dirty diapers?

• Monkey Foot Designs hanging wetbags do a fantastic job of keeping the smell in. I also like the Rockin' Green pail freshener.
  • I'm not familiar with the FB hanging pail, but I can tell you what we do.  I have a cheapo white plastic step on trash can from walmart.  I use planetwise pail liners in that.  I DS is 100% on solids now and just has a cup of whole milk with his meals, so his poop is plopped/flushed and then I swish the diaper before adding to the pail.  

Is it an ammonia smell or a poop smell?  How long do you go between washes?  Is your LO still EBF, or on solids?  

Rockin Green makes a pail freshener that you can shake in periodically. 

• Loading the player...
  • i agree with pp, get a cheap pail to put the bag in.

at first i was just throwing dipes into my wetbag in the bathroom but i couldn't stand the smell either.

i got a small 3 gallon trash bin with a lid that i put my wetbag in, and no smell ever since!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we hane a plantwise wet bag that i hang on the doorknob near the changing table and i use a little pail powder from rockin green
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Thanks for the suggestions.  To answer some of the questions, she is only 2 months old and EBF.
  • We have a pail and use a pail liner but sometimes the smell lingers. It goes away in a little while.

I have to agree with PP about Monkey Foot Designs. We have an MFD wetbag for the diaper bag and just last week DD had a poo diaper while we were out. I put it in the wetbag and we left the bag in the car while we went into my mom's house to eat brunch. When we came back the car didn't smell at all! I almost forgot to bring the wetbag in the house when we got home haha.

Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use medium/large sized wet bags that hold about a day to a day and a half of diapers.  They hang from the changing table and when full, I zip them up and put them by the laundry.  Never have any stink.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
  • I have a Baby Trend diaper pail with a Planet Wise pail liner. It works really well & I don't smell anything until I take the bag out to do laundry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"