Trouble TTC

Intro and a question..

Hi ladies.  I've been hanging around ttgp for awhile, and I decided it's time to venture over here...

We've been trying since July '10 and I've had 3 possibly ovulatory cycles, we aren't quite sure.  They are really long and every time I might have ovulated, I ended up with a really big hemorrhagic cyst.  My RE thinks I probably have pcos, I'm going for glucose testing tomorrow.  I also have hypothyroidism, which is under control at the moment.

I started my first round of clomid this cycle.  I had my first follie check this morning at cd12.  They weren't very big, ranging from 7-12 mm..so I will be going back for another check on Thursday. 

My question is, with follies still so small, is it likely they will almost double in size in 3 days?  Or maybe it will take longer?  I'm not sure how quickly they mature, so I was wondering if any of you ladies had experience with that.  I'm wondering if maybe the clomid dosage this time wasn't enough.  Or maybe I shouldn't get my panties in a bunch quite yet :-)   TIA for any thoughts.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro and a question..

• Welcome to 3T TM:) Follies usually grow 1-2mm per day but they can also grow up to 5mm in one day.  GL!!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • imagejesselayne8:
    Welcome to 3T TM:) Follies usually grow 1-2mm per day but they can also grow up to 5mm in one day.  GL!!

aww thanks jesse :-)  that helps a lot!

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome to 3T! I can't help with the questions, but there are lots of ladies here that may be able to help. GL to you!! :-)
    photo dune-1-1.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagejesselayne8:
    Welcome to 3T TM:) Follies usually grow 1-2mm per day but they can also grow up to 5mm in one day.  GL!!

Do you know if they have a chart on how fast a Follie can grow? And how big do they want a Follie to be ?

• imageskleidon21:

imagejesselayne8:

Do you know if they have a chart on how fast a Follie can grow? And how big do they want a Follie to be ?

My RE considers anything bigger than 17 or 18mm mature for triggering.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Some people have slow growers. I am on cd19 and my biggest is less than 9 and I am on 200mg clomid. Usually if the follies grow they do 1-2 a day. Mine haven't grown for a week now ( so there is a good chance the clomid is not helping me). Last time my biggest folly went from 15 to 27 in 3 days. HTH!
  • thanks ladies!
  • c&n06c&n06 member
    Welcome! Follicles grow 1-2mm per day, you will be surpised how fast they grow at your next monitoring appointment. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"