February 2011 Moms
Options

FF mamas, what formula?

Just curious as to what formula you are giving to LO?  I tried Similac Advance and Sensitive and both constipated LO.  Went to Enfamil gentlease, caused diarrhea.  Now onto Gerber Good Start Gentle and it seems to be working.  Just wondering if anyone else had to try a few formulas before you found one that worked for your LO.
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FF mamas, what formula?

• Options
    We are using similac sensitive. She is only pooping once every day or two, but it doesn't seem to make her too uncomfortable only going that often so we are sticking with it. We previously used Enfamil Newborn and Gentlease.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have tried Similac Advance, Sensitive and Soy. He was constipated on the soy and had yucky green poops. He is back on Advance now and doing well. Only having a couple poopy diapers each day, but he doesn't seem too uncomfortable. When he gets gassy, Mylicon helps.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use Enfamil Enfacare.  But that's what she was started on in the NICU.  I hope you find something that works well for your LO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We use Enfamil Prosobee... it is soy. He was on regular Enfamil but he was starting to have some projectile vomiting so we switched to this. We don't have a problem with the vomiting anymore but he is working really hard to poop. He is going every day, sometimes twice a day but it is really thick and he works really hard to get it out. We are going to try some Kyro Sryup and hopefully that works. I don't know that I am willing to change the formula over it.... its only been a week or so.

I would suggest that you slow down on the formula changes. Our ped said that changing more often than every 3 weeks could cause the problems. It takes a few weeks to get adjusted and see the full effect.

• Options
    We started her on Enfamil newborn but it was making her quite gassy.  We have switched to the Enfamil Gentlease and it seems to be working much better.
  • Options

We are doing formula and breastfeeding but the formula we are using is Enfamil Gentlease.  We tried the similac sensitive but it caused projectile vomiting so we are sticking with the enfamil.  We also tried the enfamil newborn but it caused too much gas so we switched.

• Options
    Enfamil Premium newborn. This si what the NICU gave him right away and so when he came home we just continued with it. I am trying to BF and supplementing with formula.
    image     image

image    image

• Options
    imagepomrom:

We use Enfamil Prosobee... it is soy. He was on regular Enfamil but he was starting to have some projectile vomiting so we switched to this. We don't have a problem with the vomiting anymore but he is working really hard to poop. He is going every day, sometimes twice a day but it is really thick and he works really hard to get it out. We are going to try some Kyro Sryup and hopefully that works. I don't know that I am willing to change the formula over it.... its only been a week or so.

I would suggest that you slow down on the formula changes. Our ped said that changing more often than every 3 weeks could cause the problems. It takes a few weeks to get adjusted and see the full effect.

all the changes i have done have be recommended by my pedi.  diarrhea is terrible for a baby to have, due to dehydration. constipation, if your baby has it too many days in a row, can lead to them trying to push too hard and lead to an umbilical hernia.  so my dr does not want any of these issues and kept switching him. 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are using Gerber Good Start Soy. My older boys both had to be on soy because of terrible constipation so I put LO right on it to avoid problems and it's working out great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"