TTC After a Loss

Follow up to other D and C post

I went to the doctor, and she said that the reason she had told me to wait to have sex was so I didn't get pregnant right away.  Yes, we had sex 5 days afterwords. It did hurt slightly. We have made love since then and it hasn't hurt.  I actually was in the mood the day after the D and C.  We haven't used condoms as my fiance and I are both allergic to them.  The doctor said just to take regular pregnancy tests from now on.  She said there's a slightly higher risk of miscarriage after a D and C, but I know more than one woman that got pregnant quickly after one.  Let's just hope for the best :)  I'm 36 (I'll be 37 in June) so I can't wait too long to try again!

Re: Follow up to other D and C post

• Ok, I don't want to sound rude or insensitive  or whatever. But I don't understand how five days after your LO is removed from you surgically, you can be emotionally or physically ready to have sex. 

DH and I couldn't have sex for a month before my loss and I couldn't for about a month after because I wasn't there emotionally. And mine was a natural m/c.

Best of luck to you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My regular OB told me to wait 3 months before trying again because the uterine wall is so thin after the d&c. However, the dr that did my procedure told me that there was actually no medical evidence suggesting that you should wait after a d&c, so....idk. Best of luck to you; hope everything works out!

• Good to hear that your blatant disregard for your doctor's orders didn't do any permanent damage. 

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I remember your post about this awhile back.  Okay, well, definitely pay close attention to your body, because you are not out of the woods yet for a possible infection to pop up.  Of course, I hope that you are going to be okay, but consider yourself lucky if you don't end up with an infection.

I completely understand that desire to want to TTC immediately, but please do take care of yourself in the process.  It's not just your physical health that you have to mend and maintain.  Emotions can certainly fuel that fire to try again right away, but they can also creep up out of no where and blindside you on your TTCAL journey.  Right after my loss, I thought that I had pretty thick skin, but I have had the very breath taken away from me a few times since my loss, and I am certain this will happen again for quite some time.  Best of luck to you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 12/05/10 (EDD 8/8/11), empty gestational sac 12/31/10, natural miscarriage 01/05/11
    BFP 03/03/11, EDD 11/09/11, We love you so much already, our sweet little munchkin!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    *Congrats to buddies MrsAtch, cflocco, MommyandKate, luckylady55, opallover, trishiepoo, stephsteph77, and Pachita! Praying for healthy babies for all of you!*
    *Congrats to my buddy, Izabella22 (BFP 5/11/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
    *Congrats to my buddy, myaddiwaddi06(BFP 10/31/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
  • image GIFSoup

You just don't get it, do you.

Go troll somewhere else. 

imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageshanna82:

LOL!  I don't watch the Simpsons, so this is a new one!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 12/05/10 (EDD 8/8/11), empty gestational sac 12/31/10, natural miscarriage 01/05/11
    BFP 03/03/11, EDD 11/09/11, We love you so much already, our sweet little munchkin!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    *Congrats to buddies MrsAtch, cflocco, MommyandKate, luckylady55, opallover, trishiepoo, stephsteph77, and Pachita! Praying for healthy babies for all of you!*
    *Congrats to my buddy, Izabella22 (BFP 5/11/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
    *Congrats to my buddy, myaddiwaddi06(BFP 10/31/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
  • My fiance and I love each other, and I felt that making love was a way to comfort each other, and help each other with the grieving.  Like I said, it did hurt a little, but it didn't after that first time.  I was very emotional before the D and C (in between the time I found out and having it), but once I had it, I did a lot of praying, and figured that God has a plan, and that I have to trust in my faith.  One of the nurses in the recovery room said that having a D and C "cleans it all out" and your body is more ready to have a baby afterwords. 
  • Indifferent
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • P.S. What's up with these weird videos on here?!
  • P.S. what's up with all these weird videos on here?!
  • I wasn't even thinking of sex after either of my D&C's but I guess everyone is different. I don't need to have sex to feel close to my husband. Glad you got a clean bill of health!
  • imageAmyinSoCal:
    One of the nurses in the recovery room said that having a D and C "cleans it all out" and your body is more ready to have a baby afterwords. 

Maybe you should find a new hospital........

My Food Blog - Dinner Delish
    TTC since Oct '09
    Missed miscarriage 3/24/10 @ 16 wks, Partial Molar Pregnancy
    Began our IF journey in May '11
    Asherman's Diagnosis (cervical & uterine scarring) - Surgery 8/17/11
    IUIs #1-#5 & 1 canceled IUI, IVF #1, 2 FETs - all BFN
    IVF# 2 December '12, BFP 1/13! EDD 9/21 
    Complete Previa and Short Cervix. C-section scheduled for 9/3
    Delivered 8/5 @ 33 weeks, 4lbs, 6oz. 
    4-week NICU stay, home 9/3
  • imageStretchad:

imageAmyinSoCal:
    One of the nurses in the recovery room said that having a D and C "cleans it all out" and your body is more ready to have a baby afterwords. 

Maybe you should find a new hospital........

Maybe that's why I had my 2nd loss....They were both natural so I'm all dirty in there. 

• https://obvioustrollisobvious.com/images/tempfront.jpg

That is all.

• That's not the hospital I will have the baby in, it was where the D and C was performed.  My baby's heart stopped beating.  My doctor said if I waited to have a natural miscarriage, I had a risk of infection as well, so it was better to have the D and C instead of waiting for it to happen, which would have been more traumatic.  The troll thing is annoying by the way!
  • imageAmyinSoCal:
    That's not the hospital I will have the baby in, it was where the D and C was performed.  My baby's heart stopped beating.  My doctor said if I waited to have a natural miscarriage, I had a risk of infection as well, so it was better to have the D and C instead of waiting for it to happen, which would have been more traumatic.  The troll thing is annoying by the way!
    The truth is rather annoying at times, isn't it?
    imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAmyinSoCal:
    I went to the doctor, and she said that the reason she had told me to wait to have sex was so I didn't get pregnant right away.  Yes, we had sex 5 days afterwords. It did hurt slightly. We have made love since then and it hasn't hurt.  I actually was in the mood the day after the D and C.  We haven't used condoms as my fiance and I are both allergic to them.  The doctor said just to take regular pregnancy tests from now on.  She said there's a slightly higher risk of miscarriage after a D and C, but I know more than one woman that got pregnant quickly after one.  Let's just hope for the best :)  I'm 36 (I'll be 37 in June) so I can't wait too long to try again!

This is the only reason you did it again so soon and did not follow dr's orders so own it...personally I think any other excuse you use is complete BS!  Using sex to comfort one another?!  That's a terribly unhealthy way to comfort each other.  Any mental health professional will tell you that!!  I honestly thought you were a horny teenager after reading your first post but to hear that you're 36 years old and should know better?!  This is just sad!  Having a baby is more important to you than your own health?!  I feel sorry for you!

ETA:  Clarification that the reference to your age was not a dig being that I am 35 and understand the ticking of the clock...you just need to own why you were so quick to get it on with your boyfriend after your loss. 

PRINCESS31stbirthday
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I find this post most entertaining. I'm glad I checked the bump before heading off to work. Well, I find the responses more entertaining than the post actually. Stick out tongue You ladies are great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"