Parenting

NPR: What to make for Bunco night?

I am hosting the first game for our new bunco group so I will be making all of the food.  Desserts and appetizers only.  Share your best recipes please!  Thanks!

ETA: I also posted this on the cooking board but I know you ladies know some yummy recipes too!

Re: NPR: What to make for Bunco night?

• Our parties almost always have fruit kabobs, and usually a granita of some kind. Usually a dip like buffalo or spinach artichoke.

Your name cracks me up. 

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • lol Rebekah.  I used to love monkeys when I was a kid so when I got married after college and my Mom cleared my room she gave them all to me.  Somehow my DH turned that into the nickname monkeybutt.  I got rid of all (most, lol) of my monkeys btw.  THanks for the suggestions!
  • Loading the player...
  • I would do things that are easy to make ahead of time... Dips like spinach artichoke, buffalo chicken, 7 layer taco dip Meatballs (easy to throw in crockpot & just let them sit--and everyone loves meatballs!) Party sandwiches (plenty of recipes online... You make ahead of time and pop them in the oven right before serving). You could go even simpler and get a tray already made up from Costco... They are good. Veggie tray/fruit kabobs with fruit dip Tortilla roll-ups (spread any flavor cream cheese on a tortilla, add shredded cheese, chopped olives, green chiles and serve with salsa for dipping) Bruschetta with whatever toppings you like All of these are super-easy and can be made ahead of time!
  • Sorry about the weird run-on sentences... I put everything in bulleted form but it didn't post like that for some reason!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"