TTC After a Loss

where's the element of surprise?

i dont understand how some women can be pregnant for months and not know it.  i felt different with my m/c around 4 dpo which continued until my bfp at 6 dpo. with my son i felt different at 8dpo which continued until my bfp at 10dpo.  both times i knew before i took the tests.

my dh and i didnt really try this cycle - we had sex a couple days before i O'd but stopped once we knew O was coming.   i know it's possible to get KU with that timing or whatever but i know im not preg.  which is fine, i dont like when i O'd, since i was technically still spotting from my m/c). it just kind of sucks, bc when we actively try next cycle, i feel like ill "know" before that 10-12 dpo mark. there wont be any element of surprise.  is anyone else like this or did you truly feel the same when you got your bfp? 

Re: where's the element of surprise?

• I knew before I took the test as well.  I don't see how people couldn't know (i.e., the show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant").  I had all the signs, but I was maybe 1 month pregnant when I took the test.
  • We were TTA the cycle I got my BFP, so I wasn't expecting to be pg and I wasn't paying attention to any signs or symptoms.  When I found out I was pregnant, I realized why I had been so exhausted for the last few days.

My college roommate didn't find out she was pregnant until she was 16 weeks... she wasn't getting her period, but HPTs were negative, so she finally went to the doc to find out what was going on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageFroggy76:

We were TTA the cycle I got my BFP, so I wasn't expecting to be pg and I wasn't paying attention to any signs or symptoms.  When I found out I was pregnant, I realized why I had been so exhausted for the last few days.

My college roommate didn't find out she was pregnant until she was 16 weeks... she wasn't getting her period, but HPTs were negative, so she finally went to the doc to find out what was going on.

this is so crazy to me.  this happened to my co-worker a few years ago.  she was so tired and peeing all the time and had all the signs but negative hpts!  when she finally went to the doc she was 8 weeks.

• I knew at 9 dpo with my first...got my BFP at 13dpo. With my second I knew at 8 dpo and got my BFP at 10dpo. I had ridiculously huge, swollen, and terribly painful boobs! And tons of extra creamy CM....I just knew I had to be because neither of those were typical 2ww symptoms for me, especially the boobs.

but now since my last loss I have been getting super tender boobs around 6dpo that lasts until AF shows so who knows if I will have a clue next time I get KU! Good thing I have been TTA for so long or those tender boobs month after month would have really left me heartbroken.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• I had a feeling even before I O'd each of the cycles where I got PG.  I also had "symptoms" that I have learned seem to be my early signs. 
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • I do not understand that show "I Didn't Know I was PG" at all- with DD, I definitely knew I was pg the whole frickin time.  Granted, not at 6 or 8 or 10 dpo, but once AF was about 5 days late, there was no question.  My nausea was out of control, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"