3rd Trimester
Options

Hip Pain Anyone?

Might sound odd but wanted to hear about you girlies!

About three weeks ago my right hip started killing me. I ignored it and now it feels as if its going to crack or worse, break in half! I know its probably part of pregnancy, but damn scares me. I did not have any hip pain with my first pregnancy, never.

Ok, wanted to hear if anyone had similar issues and what you did or took to help ease the pain. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hip Pain Anyone?

• Options

I've had hip pain for quite a while! Is it between your hip bone and tailbone? If so, it's most likely sciatica...an unfortunate part of pregnancy. Chiropractic care REALLY can help! I went to a chiropractor 3 times per week with my first, and it helped immensely!

• Options
    I went to the chiropractor as well. It helped for about a week but now I need to go back again. It was totally worth it though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Chiropractor, for sure.  Ask him/her about using a yoga ball as a chair, as they usually say that will keep things more even in your hips.  I have been doing that recently and most of the hip pain has gone away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i've had this on my left side pretty much since i found out i was pregnant. it hurts like a mother to try and get up from laying down or roll from side to side.

I've talked to my doctor about it a few times and he keeps saying it's likely tendonitis. My chiropractor said it's jus thte relaxin and to do squats to stregthen my pelvic floor....

well- this weekend i was cryign my eyes out while DH was pulling my up off the couch because i couldn't move. So today i go to see a massage therapist who tells me it's just my gluteus medeus (?) muscle (runs from spine to outside of hip) is too tight and pulling on my hip. 45 minute massage later and it finally feels a little better!!! So i have a weekly massage scheduled until delivery to keep it loose!

she also gave me a good stretch for it- sit in a hard chair with your feet on the floor. put your left ankle up on your knee and lean forward until you feel a stretch- hold for 30 seconds and repeat on the other side. do this about 2-3 times a day. if you can't get your ankel on your knee you can rest it on a stool in the same type of position.

hope this helps a bit and you get some releif soon- i was stupid to wait until almost 29 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

i've had this on my left side pretty much since i found out i was pregnant. it hurts like a mother to try and get up from laying down or roll from side to side.I've talked to my doctor about it a few times and he keeps saying it's likely tendonitis- yeah right. My chiropractor said it's jus thte relaxin and to do squats to stregthen my pelvic floor...

well- this weekend i was cryign my eyes out while DH was pulling my up off the couch because i couldn't move. So today i go to see a massage therapist who tells me it's just my gluteus medeus (?) muscle (runs from spine to outside of hip) is too tight and pulling on my hip. 45 minute massage later and it finally feels a little better!!! So i have a weekly massage scheduled until delivery to keep it loose!

she also gave me a good stretch for it- sit in a hard chair with your feet on the floor. put your left ankle up on your knee and lean forward until you feel a stretch- hold for 30 seconds and repeat on the other side. do this about 2-3 times a day. if you can't get your ankel on your knee you can rest it on a stool in the same type of position.

hope this helps a bit and you get some releif soon- i was stupid to wait until almost 29 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"