1st Trimester

Blood when you blow your nose?

Since about 4w pregnant I have noticed that many times when I blow my nose there is blood on the tissue? This happen to anyone else?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Blood when you blow your nose?

• It's because of the blood vessels in your nose are swollen and closer to the surface. You might bleed a little after intercourse for that exact same reason. Welcome to pregnancy!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • That's often the same reasons why you may find yourself bleeding vaginally for no reason. At 13 weeks I was bleeding pretty heavily and my doctor explained that there are a lot of blood vessels close to the surface at my cervix which is why I will bleed, same goes for your nose and your gums.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so glad you asked this, and saw from the answers how normal it is. I've been wondering what is going on. It's so dry here in Colorado that I wasn't alarmed but I've definitely been "aware" and wondering if its connected.

• imagelucyspeople:
    I'm so glad you asked this, and saw from the answers how normal it is. I've been wondering what is going on. It's so dry here in Colorado that I wasn't alarmed but I've definitely been "aware" and wondering if its connected.

Ever since I have moved to Colorado I have had this problem. I have been advised to get a vaporizer. But haven't yet.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest
  • yep.  Not a lot of blood, just some on the tissue and bloody boogs...

And it is always my right nostrol  (sp?)

• I was wondering about this, too. I have been having gushing bloody noses and I haven't had one since I was like, 7. So strange.
  • Hi all ... I had a bloody nose throughout my entire first pregnancy ... totally normal!
    BabyName Ticker imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Me too!  I had this happen all last week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"