1st Trimester

Second time (or more) moms - anyone still BFing?

Have you noticed a difference in your supply?

Abraham Arthur 2/21/10 // Asher Kendall 11/11/11

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Second time (or more) moms - anyone still BFing?

• Thanks for your answer! I had hoped to let Abe self wean, but I'm wondering if this won't speed up the process.  I'm still really early so I haven't noticed anything yet.

Abraham Arthur 2/21/10 // Asher Kendall 11/11/11

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I stopped BFing at 14 months, and got a BFP when Jack was 15 months, so we just barely missed nursing during pregnancy, but I have a friend who is pregnant with her second and is now weaning her first because she said that her DD just got super frustrated and fussy at the breast since she has been pg. 

That said..I have also heard of plenty of women who can successfully BF through pg, so...basically I am not helping here at all. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Right before I got BFP, my supply went way down.  I had to stop BFing at 10 months because there just wasn't enough.  I tried everything to keep BFing, but it just didn't work.  Luckily I had enough frozen to last for a while, & then he made the switch to formula with no problem.  We will be starting whole milk next week anyway...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm still nursing my almost 3 year old, and im just about 10weeks. Surprisingly, my supply has gone UP. i think it coincided with the flu we all had and my son nursing non stop, when apparently i was 6w already.

he does say one booby is yucky and the other is good though, lol. 

• I'm still nursing and pumping and my supply has definitely dropped.  I almost never feel full anymore.  It just happened that I went down to pumping once per day right around the time I probably got pregnant so I had assumed that had caused my drop until I took a pregnancy test.  I'm only pumping about 5 oz. now, which is about half as much as I was pumping a couple weeks ago.
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am 8 weeks along and am still nursing my almost 17 month old at least 10 times a day still. Haven't noticed any decrease in supply and if it tastes different right now, he doesn't mind. Although they say that it doesn't switch over to colostrum until about 5 or 6 months, and that is when the taste changes for them.
  • I'm nursing my 2.5 year old....and I am 6 weeks.  I haven't noticed a change yet, but I'm not really sure how much of a supply I have anyway.   I'm trying to wean him and I hope the natural supply decrease will help with that.  Usually supply doesn't decrease until 4 or 5 months.
  • I am nursing my 17 month old, and am 6 week pregnant. I am not sure if it is a decrease in supply or a taste change but he has become increasingly fussy during nursing, and has even dropped a feeding so he is down to only 2 a day now. I really wanted to continue nursing him until 2yrs, but I am worried now that he  might be self-weaning. 
  • My 17 mo old is still nursing twice a day at 11 weeks pg.  He seemed less satisfied for a few weeks early on, but now is nursing like he did before BFP.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"