TTC After a Loss

I'm back and some questions

Hi ladies-

I was here for a short time around the holidays but had my 2nd miscarriage in a row last week. First was at 11 weeks, this time at 10 weeks. Both were missed miscarriages. I do have one child which is what leads to my confusion. How could I be ok with my first pregnancy and not with these last two? My doctor wants to run tests but I have no idea what the outcome will be or could be.

Anyone have reasons/answers as to why they lost their pregnancies? Anyone have a child and go on to find out there is something going wrong now? I am scared and worried that I may never truly TTC again but I don't know where I belong right now. I posted on the miscarriage board, but I feel like you guys are versed maybe more (sad but true). Help? And sorry for all of your losses...it's heart breaking.

6 & 2 year old, 2 losses

Re: I'm back and some questions

• I don't have any answers to your questions but I wanted to say I am very sorry for your losses. Hugs!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • So sorry about your losses.  I do not have answers to your questions because I also had a Missed m/c and have no answers for mine.  But I do wish you the best of luck in finding some kind of answers.  Just take things one day at a time and listen to your doctor.  Hopefully all of your testing comes back good.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Missed M/C discoverd at 10w5d measuring 6w6d on 12/3/10 said goodbye 12/12/10 EDD 6/26/11 "this too shall pass"

DS Born 9/29/2005 via c-section (breech)
    BFP #3 3/7/11 - EDD 11/17/11
    Betas: @14dpo-182 @18dpo-854!! @21dpo-3124!!!
    3-27-11 150 BPM!!!!
    He's a BOY!!!! Kieran Thomas

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry for your losses.  I don't have any advice, but I do offer my {{hugs}}.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi and welcome to the board.  I'm very sorry about your losses- I don't have any answers (I've had two CPs after DD so it isn't the same situation) but I hope you find comfort here.
  • Hi, I'm in the same boat as you, I have a beautiful DD but had a miscarrage and then a Chemical Pregnancy. 

My MIL had several m/cs but she also had 3 boys.  My mom never had a m/c and had 3 kids.  I think the not knowing is what makes it harder.  I feel if I knew I could at least help to prevent it.

• I am so sorry for your losses. I had a missed M/C at 13 weeks. Had the baby tested and he had Trisomy 18. That was a decision (testing) made before the D&C though.

I hope we are able to help you out, and that you'll feel supported. There are lovely ladies here on this board. Good luck, and hugs to you.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP#1 - 8/27/10 - D&C 10/27/10 @ 13 weeks to Trisomy 18
    Missing our Angel Baby Gabriel
    BFP#2 - 3/18/11 - CP 3/19/11 BFP#3 - 4/27/11 - Due 1/9/12
  • I'm very sorry for your losses. 

It is completely normal to be scared and to think what if.  It's part of grieving and TTC.  My first pregnancy was a missed m/c at 8 1/2 weeks, then I was lucky enough to have a healthy DS...third pregnancy, m/c at 11 1/2 weeks.  We've been trying for #2 since May of last year.  The doctor said there is no rhyme or reason..it just happens.  Sometimes they find a reason, sometimes not.  I'm one of those "nots" so far.  It doesn't mean I'm giving up hope yet; just means it is taking a little while longer for us to complete our family.

• sorry for your loss. I can't offer any advice but hopefully {{HUGS}} can help. GL on your tests.
    Married January 10, 2009
    BFP#1 12/27/2009 MC at 7wks 01/03/2010
    TTC since June 2010
    BFP#2 2/21/2011 MC at 5wks
    RE appt March 8th, 2011 ; early PCOS
    hysterscopy 4/5/2011 - ute & tubes look good!
    hematologist 4/13/2011- Factor II mutation heterozygous/thrombophillia
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Sorry for your loss and welcome to the board! I also have a child but became preeclamptic in the end. After both miscarriages I tested positive for MTHFR(which also goes along with preeclampsia) and sometimes I feel like having my daughter flipped a switch over in my body but honestly I really don't have any answers to why but believe me I ask myself that question all the time!
  • I am so sorry for your losses.  I can't even imagine how hard that would be.  Welcome back and ((BIG HUGS)).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm very sorry for your losses.  I don't have any concrete answers to why I lost my LOs, but it was likely a partial placental abruption which led to pre-term labor.  My second loss was a CP.

I hope the testing gives you some answers.  GL!

TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • I'm sorry for your losses. My dr. recommended RPL b/w (clotting, thyriod, some cancers) testing after my 2nd loss and so far ::fingers crossed:: everything has come back normal. She said they wouldn't do any more testing unless I have a 3rd loss. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"