Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Poll (clicky): Baby Bikinis

I was shopping for DD, and several ladies were having a debate about the baby swimwear; about what was appropriate and what isn't. So I was curious...
[Poll]

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

Re: Poll (clicky): Baby Bikinis

• I voted they are ok, but my concern is sun protection so DD will be in one of those swim shirts.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Women wear bikini's for one reason - to look sexy and show off some skin.  I can't figure out why people would want to instill that attitude on babies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I think they're tacky,
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think they can be cute, but I'd only have DD wear a full suit because of sun protection and to keep her warmer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    violet (01.06.2011) & colt (09.27.08)
    expecting surprise baby no.3 may 3rd
  • imageRoseTor:
    Women wear bikini's for one reason - to look sexy and show off some skin.  I can't figure out why people would want to instill that attitude on babies.

I don't have a girl, but if I did she wouldn't be wearing a bikini. This sums up how I feel pretty well.

Besides, I'd think that a two-piece suit would be that much closer to a streaking baby...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think babies wearing anything other than poop-catchers while "swimming" is unnecessary. 

ETA: Aside from those covering their babes for pure sun-related reasons. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • I don't have a DD but I watched a baby girl last summer and for diaper changing convenience I would choose a 2 piece of some kind.  Her 1 piece was a PITA to take on and off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNewFamily09:
    I don't have a DD but I watched a baby girl last summer and for diaper changing convenience I would choose a 2 piece of some kind.  Her 1 piece was a PITA to take on and off.

this is more what I was thinking. I found a cute tankini.. so it covers the same if not more then a full swim suit but it just seems like it's going to be easier to get on and off for diapering purposes.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageizzourclue:
    I voted they are ok, but my concern is sun protection so DD will be in one of those swim shirts.

This.

My girl will be in some sort of 2 piece until she is fully potty trained though, probably with a swim shirt and bottom. While she is in diapers it is for my convenience and while she is potty training it is so she can get the bottom off as easy as possible when she's running to the bathroom.

I mostly swim in my own pool so I feel like my babies can swim in just swim diapers, except for the sun protection factor. I might feel different if we were going to a beach weekly, but no one can see us in my backyard. 

• imageTBLilyRose:
    I think they're tacky,

This and The childrens Place has this god awfull string bikini in the infant section too for this summer. Just wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"