May 2011 Moms

Anyone dropped yet?

This is my second pregnancy, and I can't tell for sure if I've dropped, but I have a LOT of pressure "down there" and lower back pain (and LOTS of Braxton Hicks contractions). I don't remember feeling this kind of pressure so early in my first pregnancy...I'm only 4'9", so when my babies "drop" they don't have far down to go...lol. But I'm wondering if anyone has been in my shoes or is in the same situation, and if this could mean I won't make it all the way to 40 weeks. Thoughts?

Re: Anyone dropped yet?

• I dropped this weekend, and Dr confirmed it today (I had an appt anyway). Baby is head down and putting a Ton of pressure on my crotch. Not fun. I've also been having a lot more contractions because of all his turning. And the new areas he's kicking, Oy. I feel your pain.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How many weeks along are you?
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol...nevermind...I could read it on your nametag! lol! Is this your first or second pregnancy? I'm wondering if dropping this early is any indication of an earlier labor than predicted. :) I'd love to have her at 38 weeks...lol!
  • 30.5. Doctor wasn't concerned about early labour though, checked my cervix to make sure it was still long/intact or whatever it is they check for haha. He said it's normal for a lot of women to drop this early. I'm also 5'2, so it could just be a short woman thing
  • I've heard it's normal to feel pressure earlier in second pregnancies.  I'm short too and I've also been feeling more pressure lately.  I don't think baby has really dropped, just getting big and running out of room.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageEODfamily:
    Lol...nevermind...I could read it on your nametag! lol! Is this your first or second pregnancy? I'm wondering if dropping this early is any indication of an earlier labor than predicted. :) I'd love to have her at 38 weeks...lol!

First. I'm hoping for a BIT early as well, I know that some people might flame that, but I'm so uncomfortable as it is. I do want him to be well done though, so either way is good by me. 

• I have nothing to add to this post because I think it's too early for me to have dropped. I just wanted to tell Iris her daughter is absolutely gorgeous!
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • this is my first pregnancy and i don't think i was ever "undropped" lol i've been referring to LO as my low rider for awhile.  We had an u/s last week and she is super low. i have so much pressure really low, i feel like she's just gonna fall out sometimes. i look at my friends who are pregnant (and due anyday!) and i just feel like their bellies are so much higher than mine...i'm hoping this means i won't go past my due date lol

**Kelly***

image image
    Visit The Nest!

• Funny you ask because I was just looking at pictures today and I'm pretty sure my bump is higher!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"