Washington Babies

Another travel question - carseats

We're traveling to Boise in about 2 weeks.  Lucy is right at 22-23 lbs and 30 inches. Our infant car seat limit is 22 lbs and 30 inches.  Would you bring the easier to carry, not so bulky infant seat or the giant convertible?  She'll be flying as a lap baby, so either way the seat will be checked.  But carrying it through the airport could be a PITA.

Also, we'll only be there for 3 days. I know I'm over-thinking this, but it makes me nervous. Thoughts?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another travel question - carseats

• Last time we went to Hawaii I borrowed Jen's carseat bag and took my convertible.  It has wheels on the bottom and is large enough to sneak in a stack of diapers, toys, blankets, etc.  It gets checked at check in for free.  I think it was easier than traveling with our infant carseat and base the first time.
  • If both are safe (which you are saying they are) then it doesn't matter. You can always just bungee a convertible to a carry-on with wheels. 
    Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagespacystasi:
    Last time we went to Hawaii I borrowed Jen's carseat bag and took my convertible.  It has wheels on the bottom and is large enough to sneak in a stack of diapers, toys, blankets, etc.  It gets checked at check in for free.  I think it was easier than traveling with our infant carseat and base the first time.

Oooh, now this I hadn't even thought of! Genius Stacey!  I bought a carseat bag at BRU the other day on clearance anyway.

I guess I answered my own question.  Doh! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Last time Laurel was at the ped, she was 29 1/4 inches.  She might've grown to 30 when we went to CA, (30 is her infant height limit), but I didn't care.  The infant seat was soooo much easier.  So, in answer to your question, yes!  I would bring the infant....

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you do bring the infant seat, don't bother with the base.  You can install it safely without the base, and if you're only there for three days, I wouldn't think it's worth the hassle of the base.  
  • imageAlli923:

imagespacystasi:
    Last time we went to Hawaii I borrowed Jen's carseat bag and took my convertible.  It has wheels on the bottom and is large enough to sneak in a stack of diapers, toys, blankets, etc.  It gets checked at check in for free.  I think it was easier than traveling with our infant carseat and base the first time.

Oooh, now this I hadn't even thought of! Genius Stacey!  I bought a carseat bag at BRU the other day on clearance anyway.

I guess I answered my own question.  Doh! 

If yours doesn't have wheels, you can borrow mine =)

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"