TTC After a Loss

Those who are trying again after a late loss caused by cervix issues?

Those who have suffered a late loss caused by problems with your body (cervix, fibroids, just PTL in general, etc.) not genetic issues with the baby.  How long did you wait to start TTC again?  What did your doctors tell you could do differently in the future to prevent the same thing from happening over again?  Or do you just have faith that it will not?

I met with my MFM about my loss and while he made me feel a little better about preventing some of the issues that lead to my loss, it did not convince me that I have a great chance of it not happening again.  DH said I just need more time which is obviously very true; but I also feel like I need more information on how we could prevent it.

TTC since 07/2009
Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
SAIF/PAIF Welcome
Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.

Re: Those who are trying again after a late loss caused by cervix issues?

• I lost my twins due to an ic. My dr told me we could try again at our 4 week follow up appt. Since we have never gotten pg on our own, I waited another couple of weeks to go to the RE. They ran a ton of bloodwork to make sure there weren't any other issues. The plan my dr has is to do a cerclage and p17 injections.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• I had a late loss due to pre term labor/ short cervix. I also had to have a c-section adding to potential worries. My doctor assured me we'd take every precaution and I'd be monitored. I'd be put on meds to prevent pre term labor from the beginning. My cervix will be measured every couple of weeks and if it shortens at all prior to 20 weeks they'll premptively do a circlage. I'll have lots and lots of appointments...weekly, bi-weekly, ect. My doctor told me we could start ttc after 3 months, but 6 monhs would be better. No matter how many precautions or reassurance the doctor gives me, I will always be very nervous and fearful during pregnancy. Unfortunately, we don't get the priviledge of being naive anymore...in my support group an ob/gyn doctor came to one session to answer questions. He said "truthfully, pregnancy is like a roll of the dice...there are so many dynamics and so many indiscovered things about it. Truly, when you break down the number of things that happen or can happen in the process of pregnancy and birth, every single successful pregnancy and birth is a miracle.". At the time this didn't offer me hope. But I understood what he was saying. He sees and treats every pregnancy like a miracle waiting to be born, literally. And there truly are so many successful ones. The women who have experienced losses have been entered into the secret society of the pure truth of the miracles that take place. ((hugs)) we'll always be fearful of what "might" happen, but we appreciate and love deeper than any others!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejohnnys june:
    I had a late loss due to pre term labor/ short cervix. I also had to have a c-section adding to potential worries. My doctor assured me we'd take every precaution and I'd be monitored. I'd be put on meds to prevent pre term labor from the beginning. My cervix will be measured every couple of weeks and if it shortens at all prior to 20 weeks they'll premptively do a circlage. I'll have lots and lots of appointments...weekly, bi-weekly, ect. My doctor told me we could start ttc after 3 months, but 6 monhs would be better. No matter how many precautions or reassurance the doctor gives me, I will always be very nervous and fearful during pregnancy. Unfortunately, we don't get the priviledge of being naive anymore...in my support group an ob/gyn doctor came to one session to answer questions. He said "truthfully, pregnancy is like a roll of the dice...there are so many dynamics and so many indiscovered things about it. Truly, when you break down the number of things that happen or can happen in the process of pregnancy and birth, every single successful pregnancy and birth is a miracle.". At the time this didn't offer me hope. But I understood what he was saying. He sees and treats every pregnancy like a miracle waiting to be born, literally. And there truly are so many successful ones. The women who have experienced losses have been entered into the secret society of the pure truth of the miracles that take place. ((hugs)) we'll always be fearful of what "might" happen, but we appreciate and love deeper than any others!

I love, love, LOVE what you said here.  I feel like it's so true and just love the way you worded that.  It's almost poetic sounding.

To the original poster, I am so sorry for your loss.  I don't have any information to offer though.

• imagejohnnys june:
    I had a late loss due to pre term labor/ short cervix. I also had to have a c-section adding to potential worries. My doctor assured me we'd take every precaution and I'd be monitored. I'd be put on meds to prevent pre term labor from the beginning. My cervix will be measured every couple of weeks and if it shortens at all prior to 20 weeks they'll premptively do a circlage. I'll have lots and lots of appointments...weekly, bi-weekly, ect. My doctor told me we could start ttc after 3 months, but 6 monhs would be better. No matter how many precautions or reassurance the doctor gives me, I will always be very nervous and fearful during pregnancy. Unfortunately, we don't get the priviledge of being naive anymore...in my support group an ob/gyn doctor came to one session to answer questions. He said "truthfully, pregnancy is like a roll of the dice...there are so many dynamics and so many indiscovered things about it. Truly, when you break down the number of things that happen or can happen in the process of pregnancy and birth, every single successful pregnancy and birth is a miracle.". At the time this didn't offer me hope. But I understood what he was saying. He sees and treats every pregnancy like a miracle waiting to be born, literally. And there truly are so many successful ones. The women who have experienced losses have been entered into the secret society of the pure truth of the miracles that take place. ((hugs)) we'll always be fearful of what "might" happen, but we appreciate and love deeper than any others!

I do agree.  After experiencing IF and going through so much to just get PG I def. believe my babies were miracles and any baby that I would get pregnant with again would be a miracle but I just don't know if I can take the risk of my body ending that miracle life again.  Does that make sense?

My MFM told me to wait 6 months too so I have time...I just don't know if time will be enough for me to take that leap of faith.

I am so so sorry for your loss and I hope you get your miracle take home baby very soon.  ((hugs))

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • The theory with the loss of our twins was that one of them had a partial placental abruption.  I had had spotting since 5 weeks, and once my blood volume increased my bleeding got worse.  The bleeding through me into pre-term labor and I ended up delivering my twins at 13 weeks.  My RE is doing tests now to see if there was a clotting issue that lead to the placental abruption.
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • My first lost was due to IC.  The doctor who diagnosed me said to wait 2-3 months and the doctor in the hospital who delivered Jillian said 6 months (but admitted that part of was for emotional healing).  We went the 6 month route because I wasn't ready after 3 months.  We have a plan in place in terms of a cerclage but unfortunately I didn't get far enough along with my second pregnancy. 
    My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
  • I'd ask this question on PGAL as well. I know there is a bumpie on there who chose to have a much less common type of cerclage (sp?). I'm sure she would be able to give you lots of info. Her sn is lrachelle80 if you want to page her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"