Single Parents

New here...

I want to be optimistic but I cant help but feel completely abandoned... alone ... not whole.... if that makes sense.

Please offer any and all insight...I know it will get better I cant help but be angry... and I know I now have to deal with him for the rest of my life... Just having a hard time coping.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: New here...

• What's your backstory, if you don't mind sharing.

I can tell you that it does get better with time, but being a single parent IS very difficult.  It's also very rewarding.  You need a strong support system, that will help a ton.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome! I don't know your story, but mine is that I was in a very brief relationship and ended up pregnant after a condom broke. It sounds lame, but it is exactly what I describe.

I had a good initial relationship with the baby's father, but that has seemingly fizzled. He is so hard to talk to and hasn't shared the news about our soon-to-be-born daughter to any of his family. It hurts a lot, but I love her and know I will be a good mommy to her.

The ladies here are pretty warm, intelligent girls. We get visits from some well-meaning people on the outside, but you won't find a more welcoming crowd. Let your guard down and tell us what's going on so we can be helpful.

I wish you all the best! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!  I totally agree with achase!  It is the hardest but most rewarding thing I've ever done!  The ladies here are wonderful...hope you feel welcome and continue to post. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You know what? I've felt the same exact way during my 1st trimester. I don't know your story. I don't mind sharing mines in a few words. I always constantly hearing about how hard it is going to be and also to have the strong support. I am new on here.. and have been skimming through these boards, and I must agree that many of the mothers on here are very supportive.
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"