May 2011 Moms

Weird pain question

I've been having some major pain lately right under where my bra sits, just below the middle of my boobs sort of right on the top of my bump. It's sort of a bruised/muscle pain. It's hard to explain, the doctor thinks it's LO kicking my ribs, but I never feel him kicking there. I've googled and the closest I can find is possibly rib stretching pain. Or, maybe my bra is just getting too tight? It just sucks and wonder if anyone else is feeling it too, or have any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weird pain question

• is it dead center? cuz I get that sometimes too.  My guess is that it's the top of my uterus continuing to expand or pressing against an organ or somethng. idk, it feels like stretch pain to me, but not of any particular muscle.
  • is it where your abs *used* to be and the softer spot under your sternum?   It's sore because of Braxton Hicks that you may or may not notice. I asked my OB about that pain just a few days ago. I was surprised to hear the answer, but it makes perfect sense.  
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemrbear83:
    is it where your abs *used* to be and the softer spot under your sternum?   It's sore because of Braxton Hicks that you may or may not notice. I asked my OB about that pain just a few days ago. I was surprised to hear the answer, but it makes perfect sense.  

I have never in my life had what would be considered abs lol but if I did, it would be right at the top of them I guess. 

Angel, they are dead center pains, right smack in between my boobs, and sometimes to the left, under left boob a bit. 

I guess it's probably a combination of both BH and uterus stretching. I hate whining about pain that is probably normal, but first timer here and it's crazy how many new and strange pains come along with pregnancy

• imagemrbear83:
    is it where your abs *used* to be and the softer spot under your sternum?   It's sore because of Braxton Hicks that you may or may not notice. I asked my OB about that pain just a few days ago. I was surprised to hear the answer, but it makes perfect sense.  

I guess it could be abs stretching and splitting!  oooh the though of that grosses me out! but that is definately the spot!

• I will be 30 weeks on Thursday and have had this EXACT same pain.  I am so glad someone asked about it.  My back pain I have had the whole pregnancy has just lessened as this started up.  I hate to constantly be complaining!

From what I could tell based on my "research" on the internet, it is either the baby pushing on ribs or organs (and I feel him a lot up here) or it is muscles separating.  The muscle one sounds pretty bad, but apparently it happens quite often in pregnancies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"