Success after IF

Anyone have United Health for insurance?

My work is just starting to offer health insurance, and while I don't think I'll opt in because DH's insurance has IF coverage, I was just curious about your experience.  I know that a lot of it is company-dependent, but any info is helpful.  Thanks!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone have United Health for insurance?

• I have it.  I hate it.  They are REALLY bad with questioning EVERY SINGLE MEDICINE YOU TAKE.  It seems like it takes me a least 48 hrs EVERY time I get a rx filled.  They do have  ALOT of doctors to choose from so I've never had a problem finding a doctor.   I know it depends on the company but I'm NOT a fan haha.  I am glad I have healthy insurance though.  

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• My DH had UHC with his previous company and I loved it as they had 100% IF coverage for two IVF cycles.  I had no issues with them at all.  He currently has UHC with his new company as well and it is not nearly as good of a plan (no IF coverage and higher co-pays).  I have not had to deal United Healthcare directly on any issues yet so i dont know how difficult they are...
    Severe MFI resulting in IVF/ICSI #1 in Nov 2007. BFP!!
    Our beautiful son was born July 2008.
    2010: 2 IVF's,1 FET = 2 BFN's, 1 c/p :(
    Feb 2011-Unmedicated FET= BFP!! DS #2 born Oct 2011!!.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • When we had insurance through DH< we had UHC. It wasn't a great plan, but we never had any trouble with them covering anything. They pretty much covered everything that was supposed to be covered.
    imageimage

• everything is employer group dependant - other than how they run things... what is covered or not is always determined by the employer - has nothing to do with the actual company.

i have had United and had no issues with them. 

The years that I was TTC and pregnant I always dual insured myself with my insurance and DH's b/c it ended up being cheaper in the end with everything.

• imageGoldie_Locks_5:

everything is employer group dependant - other than how they run things... what is covered or not is always determined by the employer - has nothing to do with the actual company.

The years that I was TTC and pregnant I always dual insured myself with my insurance and DH's b/c it ended up being cheaper in the end with everything.

Yes, DH's employer is huge and multi-state, so I know it is very different from company to company - I was just looking for any horror stories in dealing with the company itself since they are not a common insurer here (everyone I know has either BCBS or Cigna).   

Thanks for the tip about being dual insured - I will check out their maternity coverage and check out DH's insurance too - they made some changes after DD was born and don't charge for sick or well visits now, but I don't know how that affects maternity.  

Thanks! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The only thing that is going to be the same across different employers is the number of doctors in network and UHC does have loads of them.  I never encountered a doctor who wasn't in the plan.  Things like fertility coverage and copays are negotiated by your employer.  And we had a different company for prescription coverage so UHC had nothing to do with the medicines prescribed by doctors.
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedusk42:
    imageGoldie_Locks_5:

everything is employer group dependant - other than how they run things... what is covered or not is always determined by the employer - has nothing to do with the actual company.

Yes, DH's employer is huge and multi-state, so I know it is very different from company to company - I was just looking for any horror stories in dealing with the company itself since they are not a common insurer here (everyone I know has either BCBS or Cigna).   

Thanks for the tip about being dual insured - I will check out their maternity coverage and check out DH's insurance too - they made some changes after DD was born and don't charge for sick or well visits now, but I don't know how that affects maternity.  

Thanks! 

None here.  They were great for pregnancy and delivery.  My only complaint was that they were TOO good and kept calling me to see if I was having any trouble with the pregnancy.  They have a wellness program for pregnant women and a 24 hour nurse line.  Since I had had fertility treatment they assigned me my own nurse to call directly with any questions.

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"