Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

2 Miscarriages in the last year... :(

I have had 2 miscarriages in the last year one at 5 weeks and the most recent one(this past week) at 8 weeks. I am a Kaiser patient and they are not the greatest with helping in these situations. They said I have to have 3 miscarriages to be considered for further testing. I said I would like to avoid having this happen again as it is very traumatic and if they could just run a couple tests to rule something out, but the answer was still no... I will just have to find a OB-GYN outside of the Kaiser network and pay out of pocket until I am up for renewal on my insurance and then I will definitely switch to a PPO.

They have never tested my progesterone and when I asked for them to test it this time the dr said its too controversial? (Never heard that before) I have had many friends who had low progesterone and were give medication to make it higher with no problems after that. Also with my blood work with this last pregnancy I tested positive as a carrier for cystic fibrosis, but everything all my other tests came out fine. My husband needs to have the CF test done too to see if he is a carrier. I guess I am just looking for some answers or maybe some stories as to what others have had tested and their outcomes... I jus't dont understand why this keeps happening to us:(

Re: 2 Miscarriages in the last year... :(

• Options

I had 2 miscarriages before I had my son with my 3rd pregnancy.  I was able to qualify for the RPL loss test through my insurance after my 2nd miscarriage--I am over 35 years old though.  I have a tendency to start bleeding around 5 weeks 5 days.  Most of the tests came back fine.  But the anticardiolipin antibodies test came back more at a median value, so they said I could take baby asprin. 

As well with the 3rd pregnancy, I just asked right away when I found out that I was pregnant to be put on progesterone.  I did not test for it.  So my obgyn was okay with that and put me on prometrium.

So baby aspirin, prometrium until 10 weeks, prenatal vitamins, fish oil (gag, recommended after 8 week appt.) was basically what I was on for the 3rd pregnancy.  It was not an easy pregnancy.  I spotted for most of the 1st trimester.  I had a red bleeding episode after my 1st ultrasound, and a huge clot came out (thought it was the baby, but it was only a clot).  Luckily, after getting off the prometrium after 10 weeks, I stopped spotting close to end of 1st trimester (there is a God).  Good NT Scan.  Good Big Ultrasound.  Started spotted close to 31 weeks, baby came that night a 12:19am.  Preemie Baby -spent 35 days in hospital.  He is a happy baby boy now. 

Here is a good website with the tests. 

https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/miscarriage/rpl.html

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"