Breastfeeding
Options

Working moms

Does your daycare provider have a small stash of frozen BM?  We're using an at-home provider and I was thinking that I should give her some frozen to keep on hand if DS is especially hungry one day.  (Especially since I feel like I'm totally taking a shot in the dark at how many bottles/oz I should send at first)  I go back to work a week from today and I'm trying to get things figured out!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Working moms

• Options
    I go back in April and I will def give her a couple bags for the freezer.  
  • Options
    Yes, I do. I don't leave a ton there, as she doesn't have a whole lot of space. Every week I bring a bunch. I also do one fresh bottle a day. I wasn't sure how much to leave either. You guys will figure that out pretty quickly though. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No. There's no freezer and parents re not allowed to leave anything in the refrigerator over night.
  • Options

Our daycare provider (we don't need one very often, sometimes as little as once a month) is also our next door neighbor and she has a key to our house to let our dogs out when we are on vacation, so she technically could just come over and get the BM out of our freezer... so I don't think that my answer really applies to your situation.

However, if I were in your situation, I would definitely leave a couple over there as long as she is ok with that.  Like PP said, some may have rules against leaving stuff in their freezer but it is always good to have a backup.  If I were you I would also have her rotate it every once in a while so that one day when she needs it she doesn't find that it is expired!

• Options
    Yes, she has frozen BM that she keeps on hand.  She has used  a few oz on occasion when DS is going through a growth spurt - or I didn't quite pump enough the day before.  It helps me feel at ease knowing she has extra food and he won't go hungry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"