TTC After a Loss
Options

What can I expect at a RE consult (Pic warning)

So what can I expect at a consult with an RE? We are at the place that we are going to pursue some testing. I have already had a RPL panel done and it came back normal. My midwife thinks that it is some sort of balanced translocation. 

I am thinking it is either hormonal or a BT. Are there specific questions I should be asking? 

Is this going to be as earth shattering as I hope it will be or is it going to be pretty repetitive and boring? 

Thanks for any info you can offer. 

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

Re: What can I expect at a RE consult (Pic warning)

• Options
    imagexnbride:

So what can I expect at a consult with an RE? We are at the place that we are going to pursue some testing. I have already had a RPL panel done and it came back normal. My midwife thinks that it is some sort of balanced translocation. 

I am thinking it is either hormonal or a BT. Are there specific questions I should be asking? 

Is this going to be as earth shattering as I hope it will be or is it going to be pretty repetitive and boring? 

Thanks for any info you can offer. 

Oh no I am so sorry I did not know you were going through another loss many hugs....I don't know beyond the RPL panel ..good luck though {{HUGS}}}
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through another loss. I have never been to an RE so I have no idea. Good luck at the RE.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am going to an RE in a week. I will let you know how it goes. It will be my first visit too. Good Luck!
    Married January 10, 2009
    BFP#1 12/27/2009 MC at 7wks 01/03/2010
    TTC since June 2010
    BFP#2 2/21/2011 MC at 5wks
    RE appt March 8th, 2011 ; early PCOS
    hysterscopy 4/5/2011 - ute & tubes look good!
    hematologist 4/13/2011- Factor II mutation heterozygous/thrombophillia
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageobxjs09:
    I am going to an RE in a week. I will let you know how it goes. It will be my first visit too. Good Luck!

Good to know. I want a detailed report when you get back LOL. Is your DH going with you? 

Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Options
    Yes DH is coming too. Just a little nervous. We will see! When are you going to your RE appt?
    Married January 10, 2009
    TTC since June 2010
  • Options

im so sorry you are going through this again, but i am glad your getting tests done so you can figure out the reason for your losses.

since this was my 2nd loss the first thing that was done was testing the fetal tissue to see if we had genetics abnormalities, but both our results came back normal. so my dr suggested going to the RE.

I went to the RE appt last week and the dr talked about the possible causes of my losses. To be honest, I already new 95% of what he told me, so you might be really bored since you know more than i do.  After we were done talking about our medical history and the possible causes, he did an internal so he can check out my ute. He said everything looks fine, but I'll be getting a HSG just to make sure there's nothing wrong with my tubes or ute lining.

I got 30 vitals of blood drawn, which I assume is the RPL panel. and now im just waiting for AF to show up so we can do the HSG.

I wish I could tell you that you go to the RE appt and walk out w/ answers, but thats not the case. You should leave with a decent plan of attack though.  

GL! Let us know how it goes. I'm praying for you! ((hugs))

Married 5/15/10. Me (29). DH (33). BFP#1 7/25/10 - Missed m/c 8wks - D&E 8/25/10 BFP#2 12/25/10 - Missed m/c 7wks - D&E 1/20/11 (second loss due to abnormal chromosome 7) Genetics testings- Normal. RPL panel results- Normal. Elevated FSH (14). DH b/w normal. SA- Normal. HSG- Left tube possibly blocked. Minor septum removed. My Ovulation Chart ~~ Hope is the companion of power, and mother of success. For who so strongly hopes has within him the gift of miracles ~~ image
  • Options

I haven't made it yet LOL. It is always cart before the horse with me! My OB has to do the official referral which I will call about it tomorrow.. My DH is traveling alot in the upcoming months so it may be a bit tricky to organize. I hope it happens sooner then later though.

• Options

My DH couldn't  make the appt bc he had work and I really didn;t want to cancel the appt. he really didn't need to be there anyway.

The dr just gave me DH's b/w papers and a semen analysis cup to give to him.

Married 5/15/10. Me (29). DH (33). BFP#1 7/25/10 - Missed m/c 8wks - D&E 8/25/10 BFP#2 12/25/10 - Missed m/c 7wks - D&E 1/20/11 (second loss due to abnormal chromosome 7) Genetics testings- Normal. RPL panel results- Normal. Elevated FSH (14). DH b/w normal. SA- Normal. HSG- Left tube possibly blocked. Minor septum removed. My Ovulation Chart ~~ Hope is the companion of power, and mother of success. For who so strongly hopes has within him the gift of miracles ~~ image
  • Options
    good to know. Thanks.
    Married January 10, 2009
    TTC since June 2010
  • Options

I just had mine today and it was a lot of discussing my history and particular problems and treatment options.  She went over the testing she wants to do, as well as the results of prior testing, gave me an ultrasound and we discussed what our plan will be. 

I hope it goes well for you.  GL!

TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • Options

*hugs*

Mine was bloodwork, a visit with the Dildo cam, and a physical exam.  Also, going over what testing would be done and why.  Be prepared with your medical records, and family histories. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"