D.C. Area Babies

Please recommend your pedi allergist

I took DS to the pedi allergist because he has food allergies.  The dr. decided to put DS on a liquid diet - Elecare, Neocate and Splash (special formulas) and he also was allowed to have applesause and bananas.  The Dr. specifically told me to call him 1 week later to give him the results.  Basically he wanted to know if the special diet cleared up his ezcema or not.  Turns out it didn't change a thing.  So I called like he requested and he left work early on Friday so I didn't get to talk to him.  I called his office on Sat and he wasn't there.  I e-mailed him Sunday with no response.  I did get an e-mail on Monday where he said he would review DS's file and get back to me.  No return calls on Monday.  I called the office today and gave them my numbers - where best to reach me and so far, nothing.  I don't understand why a dr would tell you to call and then not even want to talk to you about it.  So DS is still on a liquid diet.  I'm running out of the special formula and all I want to know is what solid food to start him on 1st.  I've thought about calling his regular pedi to ask for his advice but I thought I would give the allergist 1 more day.  But I'm at my witts end.  So, does anyone have any pedi allergist recommendations or any recommendations in general on what I should do?  To me, this is unacceptable.  I just want to know what to give my son.  Oh, by the way, he'll be 1 next week.  Thanks for your help! 

Re: Please recommend your pedi allergist

• This might be a stretch, but H sees Dr. Hurtado (allergist) in Arlington.  I think that at the beginning of his career, he was a pediatrician.  He's never had an emergency, but I don't see Dr. Hurtado being awful.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"