Success after IF
Options

Holding his breath

At first we thought DS was choking as he would stop breathing and turn red while he was eating.  Nope, no food stuck in there.  Then he did the same thing a few times while playing.  I'm guessing this is just a new discovery so he wants to keep trying it out.     

Did your LO do this?  Should I be concerned? 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Holding his breath

• Options
    My LO has never done it however my brother did. My mom said when he got mad, he would hold his breath until he passed out a couple of times. It is his way of controlling his enviornment to an extent. The worst case senario is like my brother that he will pass out and start breathing again. My bro is now 30 and doesn't appear to have suffered any ill effects from him holding his breath epiodes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hampton used to do that. Like you said, I think it was something fun he discovered he could do, and thought it was fun. I wouldn't be too concerned. If he holds it too long, I might interfere and make sure he lets it out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  I sure hope he doesn't make himself pass out, it's scary enough as is.  Hopefully he will move on to another new discovery soon. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"