Infertility

Urgent, WWYD?

So after today's visit, they said I had two mature follicles with one coming in slightly behind. I also have a ton of little ones (I have PCOS). I was supposed to trigger tonight and then do an IUI on Wed. Now, the doc just called with my estrogen levels, and said the level indicated that more could release (up to 5). they said I could still go through with the IUI, convert it to IVF or cancel the cycle. Selective reduction isn't an option for us, so with that in mind, WWYD? My head is kinda spinning and I have to let them know in next hour or so. TIA!
imageimageimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers November 2011: after nearly two years of infertility, we are moving on to domestic infant adoption. February 2012: Matched! May 2012: Placed with our son!

Re: Urgent, WWYD?

• That is a hard decision. I see your DH has normal SA...do you have IVF coverage??

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• I would definitely not do the IUI or TI.

If at all possible, I'd probably convert to IVF. Or, if you have to pay OOP and don't want to pay that much for a converted cycle (since you probably won't get what you could get had you been on a tradition stims protocol for IVF), I'd cancel. And use protection.

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Loading the player...
  • That is tough, what is the size of the smaller one's? 

I don't get how Estrogen levels can indicate how many can release. 

• We have IVF coverage, but we haven't even discussed IVF because they said they didn't think it would come to that for us... thanks for the replies, my head is spinning right now!
    imageimageimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers November 2011: after nearly two years of infertility, we are moving on to domestic infant adoption. February 2012: Matched! May 2012: Placed with our son!
  • If selective reduction is not an option, then I would cancel. I wouldn't go through with IUI or TI with the possibility of five. (I did one with four follicles, but I am also old so it was different).

I wouldn't convert to IVF. It doesn't seem like enough follicles to spend the $$ on IVF.

Sorry hon. ((Hugs))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's a good question about coverage.  If you do have coverage, do u want to use it for this cycle?  If u responded this well to meds, you would prob do really well with an IVF protocol.  I would hate for u to waste a cycle, if it didn't turn out that well.

I would prob cancel, since it's only a matter of waiting a month.

• The smaller ones are between 14 and 15. She said that they expect a certain estrogen level from mature follicles, and since mine is so high, they can't tell for sure how many will release, although from size it should be 2-3.

• I probably do IVF as well.  I think your chances are better doing IVF.  Good luck..let us know what you decide.
    I am AMA and all tests on H came back normal
    3 failed IVF with OE and 2 failed frozen DE cycles
    Last fresh hail mary DE cycle starting Feb 2013
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome
  • tough.  I had a similar cycle, but was over christmas and therefore couldn't do ivf over the holidays.  We would have done it is they allowed us.  the thing with pcos is that was how my cycles always were either none or then 4 follicles.  It was our last ie 4th cycle and we were planning on doing ivf next anyway.  It usually take 2 months for a complete cycle and for me "skipping" the birth control pills, and being basically at retrieval 2.5 months before we were for this cycle.  if they do ivf then they would likely stim you for another couple of days and you could actually have a ok resonse.  But if you haven't consider it, I know it is a big jump. If you have really good IF coverage I would do it.

I never thought it should get to ivf either with "just pcos" but my husband and I decided that we could keep doing these very challenging cycle with nothing or too many (especially if you are not open to SR) to keep doing it for a 15-20% chance of success was not worth it emotionally, or financially

TTC since 6/09 with PCOS No response to femara 4 cycles of injectibles+IUI=BFN IVF#1= started stims on 2/4 Likely ER on 2/16 and hopefully 5dt
  • imagehollymichael:

If selective reduction is not an option, then I would cancel. I wouldn't go through with IUI or TI with the possibility of five. (I did one with four follicles, but I am also old so it was different).

I wouldn't convert to IVF. It doesn't seem like enough follicles to spend the $$ on IVF.

Sorry hon. ((Hugs))

This EXACTLY! 

• Thanks for all of the responses, we have decided to cancel this cycle and try again. Tough to swallow, but I think it was the best decision for us at this point...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"