TTC After a Loss

Seeing perinatologist tomorrow about MTHFR - what should I ask?

I have a whole slew of questions that I've been thinking about that I plan on asking, but is there anything that is less obvious that I might not be thinking about?  I have compound heterozygous MTHFR.  I obviously plan on asking about the plan for when I get pregnant and if my homocysteine (is that how it's spelled?) level was checked or if it needs to be.  Are there any other specific numbers I should ask about?  For those with any type of MTHFR, are you having more frequent ultrasounds?  I would feel more comfortable if I will have more.

Re: Seeing perinatologist tomorrow about MTHFR - what should I ask?

• I have MTHFR and factor V lebien. Both my OB DR. and surgeon when I had appendictomy said I do not need a hemoyologist. I take folbee, baby asprin, and Neevo prenatal. I know because of my progesterine issues and other issues I will get ultrasounds more frequently to begin with when it happens to make me feel better. I am not sure what questions you should ask. I would think of questions and take that list with you. Good luck at appointment.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Are you going to be put on additional folic acid?  Take a baby asprin after ovulation?  Use heparin or lovenox during 1st trimester?

My IVF doctor was a lot more concerned with MTHFR than my MFM was...they both seemed to think it has a lot more to do with implantation issues or very early chemical pregnancies.

I had frequent u/s but it was less because of the MTHFR and more because of twins...I am not sure if they will/would because MTHFR if you are carrying a single baby.

Edit: My homocysteine level was normal.

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have any advice but Am very curious to hear what you learn as I am also compound heterozygous. All I know is that if your homocysteine is high you have an even higher chance of clots. Good luck and keep us informed!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• I'll definitely post any info I get after my appointment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"