1st Trimester

Early BFP--nervous on AF day?

Those of you who got your BFP early, days before your period was expected, were you extra nervous on the day AF was supposed to come? Today is my expected AF day, and I'm feeling a little crampy and having the typical sweaty palms I get when she shows.

I'm hoping the fact that my tests have been getting darker and darker mean AF really isn't coming to ruin things, but I still can't help feeling anxious, especially after seeing so many chemical pregnancies and early m/c mentioned on the boards.

Anybody else have the same experience?

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

Re: Early BFP--nervous on AF day?

• Yes.  I got my bfp on a digital at 9DPO.  AF always (last 5 cycles) comes for me at 13DPO.  I was and still am feeling crampy.  I had a chemical pregnancy last time so I think I'll be nervous for a while. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMooneyDee:
    Yes.  I got my bfp on a digital at 9DPO.  AF always (last 5 cycles) comes for me at 13DPO.  I was and still am feeling crampy.  I had a chemical pregnancy last time so I think I'll be nervous for a while. 

Same here--BFP at 9 DPO, and AF should start today, 13 DPO. Ugh. The early BFP was super exciting, but I'm getting why people say we shouldn't test early. It's tough on the nerves!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm currently in this boat.  I got mine 8 DPO (and 9 DPO, 11DPO, etc.).  Currently I'm at day 44 of my cycle but 13 DPO.  Have had slight cramping, but more pain in my back and sides like I've been doing 1000 sit ups every day - which is not normal.  But if AF comes, this will be my first off BC, so I'm kind of off on what is normal.

One question - I moved to digital end of last week after I had used all my line HPTs (which were all positive).  I know some people look at the lines and if they are getting lighter equate that to an upcoming MC.  Is that really true or just an educated guess?  Just wondering if I should go back and get some line HPTs just to ease my mind.  Thank goodness for my flex card!

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got my positive a wk early..don't be worried. Cramping is totally normal through out the 1st 12 wks...as well as strange hormonal things which could be causing the sweaty hands.  This is my 3rd pregnancy and the 1st time I had implantation bleeding.Lots of AF symptoms are also normal at the begining of pregnancy :)

Happy 9 months

• imagecanadiansciencegeek:
    I got my BFP 5 days before AF day and I could not relax until that day came and went.... and I peed on sticks every other day :o)

I've been POAS every day too, including this morning! lol It's been getting darker every day, but I don't think I'll actually be comfortable until today--or maybe this whole week--is over without incident.

Then after that I'll probably decide I'm still not comfortable until after the 8wk u/s. Sigh.

• I got my BFP a full 9 days before AF was suppose to show up. Needless to say I took about six tests in between the BFP and time AF was suppose to arrive. I don't have my first appointment until March 25 so I'll probably POAS every week until that day comes lol
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"