Austin Babies
Options

Tell me about Pack N Plays: Newborn Napper or Regular Model?

I am looking at Pack N Plays for my registry and have no idea whether or not the Newborn Napper is better than the regular one.  Thoughts?  We are anticipating using it a lot for sleeping since we won't have a crib right away.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tell me about Pack N Plays: Newborn Napper or Regular Model?

• Options
    Ours just has the regular bassinet feature and it worked great. Not sure what the point of the newborn napper thing is except another gadget/feature to wow a new mommy.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options
    I like the regular bassinet feature as well, although A never slept in it for more than a couple of hours at a time.  I think, too, that it is more like a crib so it might help for when you do want to transition.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't use a PNP (we got the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper instead), but with the twins the regular bassinet feature worked great. Seems like it would accommodate a growing baby better, too.
  • Options
    I was just at BabiesRUs and was drooling over the newborn napper thing.  Seems more comfy and more like someone would be holding baby.  I think I'm going to sell our old PNP and get one with it.  I also like that the changing table is in over the bassinet instead of sticking out so it doesn't take up as much room.
  • Options
    V looooooved the napper.  And we liked the vibrate feature b/c it helped her sleep well in it.  I think it was worth every penny, especially when she was a bad sleeper and that was the only way for me to get her to nap.
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I would go with the regular bassinet feature because you'll be able to use it longer than that tiny little napper thing. We used the bassinet in the PNP for the first 2.5-3 mo., I think, and I'm not sure my DS would have fit comfortably in the napper that long. Someone mentioned the vibration feature, but my longer bassinet piece vibrated too.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If the newborn napper has the bassinet feature too, I'd go with it.  And get a Rock 'N Play too - then you'll have a couple places for baby to sleep.  :)
  • Options
    I ordered the PNP with the newborn napper and changer but that's because it was a sale price and was cheaper than just the normal PNP at the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"