Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

cold breastmilk

DH just picked up Cohen from my mom's house.. he ate at 3:15 and they left at about 5. He called me at 5:15 with Cohen screaming in the background. "Can I give him cold milk?!" Because he's only got the bottled breastmilk with the coolpacks around it. I told him we had a 'ready to use' formula in the bag for emergencies, and he called me 5 minutes later, Cohen still screaming, asking if he could "puh-lease" give him cold milk. I honestly didn't know what to tell him... I don't know the answer. I mean it'll obviously give him a tummy ache, since he's only had warm milk, but could it do anything worse? I can't find much about it online. DH had another 20 minutes til he got home, I told him to try and calm him down, but he said Cohen was only getting more pissed with him. And of course I freaked him out with all of my crazy stories, so he won't let him cry because, "What about shut down syndrome?! I can't let him cry!"

So.. cold breastmilk.. anyone got anything?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: cold breastmilk

• Options
    cold breast milk is ok to give to LO. But it may cause stomach aches. My LO likes her milk cold and doesnt get stomach aches.
  • Options
    We've given our son cold BM plenty of times.  You'll give them cold cow milk eventually.  They are just used to warm milk but they don't need it to be warm.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It won't hurt him cold.  He may not eat it that way, but if he does, it's fine.
    My Bio
    Blog
    Miles Alister. 9.17.2007. 8# 6oz 21.5inches
    Isla Penelope. 10.21.2010. 8# 3oz 21 inches
    2 Months 11# 6oz 23.5 inches
    4 Months 13# 6oz 25 inches
    6 Months 14# 15oz 27 inches
    9 Months 17# 10oz 28 inches
    12 Months 19# 10oz 28.75 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you, bumpies. I called DH and told him to give it a shot, but he was a mile or two from home ( Cohen still crying in the background :[ ) Poor fella.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"