Babies on the Brain
Options

hoooooooly hell.

I'm not sure how long I'm gonna survive this second shift thing.

hubs started 2nd shift for his new job yesterday, which is 3-11. he'll move to 3rd shift in a month or two depending on things there.

this kid? is crazy. he wants to eat, to nap, to play, and to attempt to sit up all at the same time. it's been a screamfest tonight, and it's only after daddy leaves, which is super. I only got to eat dinner when he decided to take a ten-minute nap. I had to stick him in the jumperoo in order to go to the bathroom. god bless those daycare ladies. he's not even a colicky baby or anything, he's an angel, and I'm still finding it difficult to have him all by myself at night! he's currently screeching like a wounded pterodactyl just to see what it sounds like, then cracking up at himself.

and my lord is it lonely here at night, lol. thank goodness it's only a month!

ps, he rolled over for the first (official-on-purpose) time today!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful monday night.

Baby in a Blue Teapot
Tempest in a Blue Teapot, food and everything else
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
BabyFruit Ticker
"You live, you learn, you drink, and move on." ~ Rotty

Re: hoooooooly hell.

• Options
    DH works second shift all year except in the summer, it sucks.  I imagine it's worse when there is a child involved.  Good luck.  At least it's only for a month. 
    _DSC0132.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, burrito.  Please be nice to your mama.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrs.EliK:
    DH works second shift all year except in the summer, it sucks.  I imagine it's worse when there is a child involved.  Good luck.  At least it's only for a month. 

oh jeez. does he work a regular shift? hubs has different days each week, so he'll be working every other weekend. what do you do while he's gone, besides the usual veg and watch tv?

Baby in a Blue Teapot
    Tempest in a Blue Teapot, food and everything else
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "You live, you learn, you drink, and move on." ~ Rotty
  • Options
    imagekittybits21:

imageMrs.EliK:

oh jeez. does he work a regular shift? hubs has different days each week, so he'll be working every other weekend. what do you do while he's gone, besides the usual veg and watch tv?

Yep a regular Monday thru Friday shift.  Plus he is a full time student so I barely see him during the week.  Truthfully, there isn't a whole lot to do while he's gone, maybe run any errands, walk the dog, check out job sites, laundry, etc.  Since it's just the two of us there isn't much that needs to be done around here, not even really make dinner since I'm not going to make dinner just for me.  My parents live about 25 minutes away so sometimes I hang out there.  It can be sucky but I guess after 7 years of it, I've gotten use to it. 

_DSC0132.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"