December 2010 Moms

Question for working pumping moms

I go back next week and I'm stressing out a little about pumping. My DS eats pretty much hourly during the day and I nurse on demand. When I return to work I'll only be pumping every three hours. I'm worried that the drop in frequency will kill my supply.

Anyone been in a similar situation? Were you able to pump enough to keep up with LOs hourly feedings or did you reverse cycle or something else?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Question for working pumping moms

• I'm doing what I can to pump every 2-3hrs.  I feed DS#2 in the morning, depending on when he wakes, its either around 6am or 7am, then I pump by 10am (set an alarm on my phone), then I pump at either 12pm or 1pm then I will pump at about 3pm before I leave for the day.

I have noticed a slight drop, but I think its because I'm not staying on top of drinking my water Sad  ...so make sure you drink your water!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers We're Finally Three

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Cassie has read 1 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • I did notice a drop at first so I started trying to pump more frequently. The best thing I did was add in an am pumping, I'll get about 5 oz from that and then through the day I'll get another 8-10 oz.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Normally, Charlie eats every 2 hours on the dot, but when he's at daycare he eats every 3-4 hours. Not exactly sure why, but I don't mind. As for pumping, once your body adjusts to the demand and you basically create a bit of an over supply, you'll be okay. Just try not to stress about it! Go day to day and things will be just fine. Good luck going back to work! Smile

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Thanks for all the tips, ladies!
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I pump at 9,12,and 3. I get 13-16 oz a day and he eats 10-12. He only eats twice at daycare! Like every 4 hr. Supply seems fine- I only feed one breast normally when BF, but the pump does both!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I only get to pump twice a (8 hour) day, and I suck at pumping as it is.  I can only get 2 ounces each time.  I have to pump at home to keep up with how much my LO needs to eat.  I don't even know how I'll know if my supply is affected...  Sorry I'm not much help.  Tons of women work and pump so it can be done!  I hear that stressing has a negative effect.  Today I called DH and got to hear my LO and was able to get a whole extra ounce.  I also bring a photo album with me.
    Married 7/10/2009 * DD 12/2/2010 * DS 4/24/2014
    2 babies in heaven (mc)

Blog: ForLoveofCupcakes.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"