Attachment Parenting
Options

baby pool, water tables, etc????

We want something water related for Raz this summer! He will be one by then and he loves water, taking baby swim lessons starting in a few weeks as well. We thought a water table, but now we are thinking a baby pool of some sort...I just want something that we can play in and use as an activity to break up our summer days and get us outside even more! (we do rent, but have a big backyard). What would you do? Ideas, suggestions...
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

Re: baby pool, water tables, etc????

• Options
    My LO was walking last summer and we got an activity table, sprinkler, and baby pool. By far the activity table and sprinkler were the biggest hits. I got this sprinkler by Melissa and Doug. https://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Blossom-Bright-Sprinkler/dp/B001RE8LMW It's all very soft and squishy, so if they fall on it they won't get hurt like with a metal one. My son was way too interested in running around to sit and play in the pool !
  • Options
    I agree with the pp - the water table is a really fun item for that age.  DS loved his.  We also have a melissa and doug sprinkler and it's really great too.  The baby pool isn't as easy because they can slip and fall pretty easily at that age and they really want to be able to run and play rather than sit in one place for that long. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our kids really loved the water table, the turtle sandbox and the sprinkler. We also have a kiddie pool, but I recommend the hard plastic pool as opposed to the inflatables, just because they're so much easier to clean and you can move them daily, so that you don't hurt the grass. The sandbox was by far the big winner, but it'll kill the grass almost immediately, so put it on the porch or deck, or even in the garage if you're renting. That's the only real issue with the big outdoor toys - the way they destroy the grass so quickly! 

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Glad you posted this question, I've been wondering the same thing.  : )

What are your recommendations for water tables, because all of the ones I have found are very busy with other toys built into them, and I really want something that I can add all kinds of sensory items to, not just water.  Any ideas? Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageArmy_Wife_04:

Glad you posted this question, I've been wondering the same thing.  : )

What are your recommendations for water tables, because all of the ones I have found are very busy with other toys built into them, and I really want something that I can add all kinds of sensory items to, not just water.  Any ideas? Thanks!

We have this Step2 WaterWheel one...the "built in toy" really is not very invasive and the basin is nice and big for lots of other toys if you want to add other things. You could also fill it with sand. The water wheel is also removable. 

imageimage
  • Options
    We also had the Step 2 Water Wheel Table and agree it was great. The wheel comes out so it's just a table so you can do whatever you want with it!
  • Options
    Thanks, this looks perfect!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! The water table is such a great idea, we spend TONS of time on the front porch and we could even put it there sometimes! And thanks for pointing out the issues with the baby pool, I could deffintly see why it would not be safe/a big hit for anew walker!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"