TTC After a Loss

"I would give anything...

...to be in your shoes."

That's my first thought today after my 5 month pregnant teammate (the one who got pg with a rebound 'friend with benefits') complained today in the staff lounge. 

She whined, "I am so annoyed that I can't wear one green shirt every day in March this year!  All of my green shirts don't fit!  Uuuuugh." 

My sentiments exactly.  Uuuuugh.  Vent over.

Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
SHE STUCK!
4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
*~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: "I would give anything...

• Yea, a girl at work complains everyday that she is tired...must be nice I think.
    Pregnancy Ticker Missed m/c 11/30/2010
  • I have more than a few pregnant Facebook friends, and every.single.one. of them complains about something or other each day. I just want to say, "be thankful you're sick and tired, it means your baby is growing and thriving, and you're still pregnant".

I made a conscious decision before even getting pregnant that I would try my hardest never to complain about being pregnant, because there are so many women who don't get the chance. Now that I've been pregnant and had a loss, I feel even stronger about not complaining.

Sure it sucks to be sick, tired, have a back ache, have to constantly pee, but really, what in life that's worth it isn't a little difficult sometimes?

• Loading the player...
  • I hate it when people complain. I'm sure it's not all wonderful but do they not realize the miracle that pregnancy is? And why doesn't she just go buy a stupid green shirt?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • There are so many worse things that could happen in life then having a little morning sickness.  I don't think pregnant women should NEVER complain, but it doesn't have to be all the time and about every little thing. 

Every time a pregnant friend complains about her sore back or whatever I just want to scream and tell them how I endured a tremendous amount of physical pain as a miscarried my very first child at home. 

Pregnancy Ticker Missed m/c 11/30/2010
  • It just comes so easy to some people that they take it for granted. At least when we get our sticky babies we will know to appreciate every minute! I am sorry you have to deal with her!
  • I'm sure she is total sweetheart, but is it wrong to say I would want to slap her!?

I went to the Chiro today (haven't been since I was preggo over 6 weeks ago, but then lost baby 4 weeks ago)...and she said, "oh my gosh...you look fabulous for being almost 14 weeks preggo! I nearly lost it sobbing like a damn baby and at the same time wanted to just punch her for saying that. (And of course, she had no idea!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd give anything too.  Drives me batty when women aren't grateful for what they have.
  • I think it when I'm around those who don't know me well, but to my BFF I said it to her face. I told her I'd give anything to be in her shoes and she looks to me and says "It's okay Jess, it'll be your time soon enough". Seriously? ((Hugs))
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Arg!  The universe can be so cruel sometimes.  I am sorry that you had to hear the whining from your teammate.  It is such a blessing to be pregnant, I hope that you get there soon....your chart looks good by the way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 12/05/10 (EDD 8/8/11), empty gestational sac 12/31/10, natural miscarriage 01/05/11
    BFP 03/03/11, EDD 11/09/11, We love you so much already, our sweet little munchkin!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    *Congrats to buddies MrsAtch, cflocco, MommyandKate, luckylady55, opallover, trishiepoo, stephsteph77, and Pachita! Praying for healthy babies for all of you!*
    *Congrats to my buddy, Izabella22 (BFP 5/11/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
    *Congrats to my buddy, myaddiwaddi06(BFP 10/31/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
  • So if it is so hard, buy some new green shirts, FH. 

I would love to have that problem. 

TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • [[Eye roll]]
  • imagem.mckee1224:

I have more than a few pregnant Facebook friends, and every.single.one. of them complains about something or other each day. I just want to say, "be thankful you're sick and tired, it means your baby is growing and thriving, and you're still pregnant".

I made a conscious decision before even getting pregnant that I would try my hardest never to complain about being pregnant, because there are so many women who don't get the chance. Now that I've been pregnant and had a loss, I feel even stronger about not complaining.

Sure it sucks to be sick, tired, have a back ache, have to constantly pee, but really, what in life that's worth it isn't a little difficult sometimes?

Well said Yes

• sorry to hear about the teammate.. jeez.. some people. I think having gone through this... makes me more sensitive to all the complaining and want to tell them - at least you still have or got your baby.   :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"