Multiples

Convertible seat advice needed

I purchased the Britax Boulevard 70 convertible carseats for my girls.  I just had emergency spinal surgery last week and will not be able to lift or take care of my girls for at least a month.  Luckily my mom is living with us during this time.  For some reason, she is worried to drive my SUV, so she is going to buy 2 carseats for her car to take the girls out once in awhile.

I want to find something fairly cheap - preferably around $150 or less per carseat.  I was looking at the Britax Roundabout 55, but wasn't sure if I should worry about the 55 lb weight limit.  Obviously my mom won't be taking care of them full time once they are big, but she may still want to take them out if she watches them then.  Another I looked at is the First Years True Fit convertible car seat which is up to 65 lbs.  Anyone have any reviews on either of these or know of another good affordable seat? 

Thanks so much!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Convertible seat advice needed

• i would get the cosco sceneras -they are on sale at walmart (or target?) right now for like $40... they are a very good/safe seat- no frills - great to have in a 2nd car that doesn't get used much for the kids. We have them in DH's car.

• Ditto on the coscos.  They are great for people who aren't going to use them all the time.  They are in all our grandparents cars. comfy, cheap and safe.  I think my parents got them at Sams.
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the TrueFits. They are great seats and will last a long time!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"