1st Trimester
Options

Pregnancy After Loss

This is my 3 pregnancy my 1st after miscarriage. I just found out I'm pregnant, I'm 5 wks pregnant. Don't get me wrong I'm excited but don't want to show it or feel the excitement because I don't want to get my hopes up and I loose this baby. When I was pregnant a couple of months ago with the miscarriage pregnancy I was so excited, I was telling everyone because I never thought miscarriage could happen to me. But now it is my second go round things are totally looking on the up and up so different from the previous one, I'm nervous about being over excited and sharing the news with anyone. Does anyone have any advice for me? Or has anyone experience this before.

Re: Pregnancy After Loss

• Options

Come on over to the pregnant after loss board. There are alot of nice woman on that board and we all support each other.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

• Options
    imageSockMonkeySam:

Come on over to the pregnant after loss board. There are alot of nice woman on that board and we all support each other.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

This.

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is exactly how I felt after our loss.I told my family and told them not to share..and they did..and then we miscarried.

The second time I didn't tell anyone except my boss and my bestfriends..only incase something did happen again I would have a little support. I waited to tell our family until I felt comfortable and the time was right..it was like 17 wks...

A friend told me this... when trying to decide who to tell early..think if something does go wrong would you want to tell them that? That is how I decided who I felt good about telling and who I did not. We are again waiting to tell the family until at least after 13wks appt. I know they can not keep a secret..and I couldn't deal with everyone knowing/telling tons about a loss again.

Just stay positive...what ever happens happens..there is nothing you can do..so enjoy every moment. You will know when you feel ok to share :)

• Options
    Yes and it gets easier every day.  Once you start hitting some milestones, you'll start getting excited.  My advice is to be patient with yourself and feel what you need to feel--share what you want to share.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I experienced what you are feeling. Its very hard to be excited but you want to be..but you are so apprehensive. I know. I just tried to take it one day at a time and kept in my mind if its meant to be it will be...even though I so wanted it to be. I have a beautiful 2 yr old now. Im pregnant again and still..nervous nelly...but you just have to take it one day at a time. Its really hard once you have been tainted. I wish you the best of luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"