March 2011 Moms
Options

Membranes: stripped!

At my 39+ week appointment today I was still only 1-2cm and 50% effaced so my midwife said, "I'm just going to encourage him a little," which apparently meant, "I'm going to strip your membranes." She did two sweeps in there which didn't really hurt and came out with some pink discharge on her glove (sorry for the TMI). Now I'm pretty crampy and nervous/excited!! Has anyone had their membranes stripped and gone into labor soon after?? Hope everyone is doing well today!

Re: Membranes: stripped!

• Options
    I am hoping for this tomorrow!!!  Hopefully, I will be dilated at least 1cm so that the doctor can do it.  I heard it doesn't make you go into labor, but it helps your cervix become more favorable... which should lead to labor.  So here is hoping!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My labor buddy had hers stripped a week before she went into labor. Could be soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had mine stripped twice, once at 37 wks and again at 38 wks. I was 1cm and 70% effaced. For me, it didn't work. I just got scheduled today for an induction on Thursday because I have GD and still have no progress. Hoping you have better luck with it!
  • Options

My dr stripped mine at last weeks appt (Tuesday). I was pretty crampy and uncomfortable for a few days but nothing happened. I go back tomorrow and I guess we will see if it helped my cervix get more ready. Maybe he will do it again tomorrow or something bc even though I scheduled a c/s for Friday I really want to go into labor on my own and have this baby naturally.

GL! I hope it works for you. :)

• Options
    I don't have any experience with this, but my friend had hers stripped and went into labor the next day.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"