Babies: 0 - 3 Months

First Vaccination Question

DD got her first round of vac's today and she is wheezing a lot and seems to not be able to catch her breath sometimes since we left doctor's office.  I gave her some Infant Tylenol and she is sleeping a lot, and is fine when asleep,  but when awake, she is scaring us to death.  Is this normal or should we call the doctor?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First Vaccination Question

• I'd give a call too.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Call the doc.  Most babies are a little fussy or super tired.  Wheezing doesn't sound normal to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Did she have the oral vaccine? That happened with DS when he was 4 months. Instead of swallowing the entire thing, he inhaled part of it. He was pretty wheezy for a few days afterward.

But I would definitely call. It is always better to be sure.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Any hives? Wheezing can be a sign of an allergy. I'd call ASAP!
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"