Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Clicky poll - When would you be comfortable...

For a moment, assume your LO is healthy and you FF.

[Poll]

Re: Clicky poll - When would you be comfortable...

• Options

I BF and I'm more than comfortable leaving LO with DH.  He's actually watching her tonight so I can go to BINGO.

She was only a few days old the 1st time I left with him to grocery shop but I had to run so fast since I BF.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    There's nothing I can do that DH can't and he's just as good with her as I am, so I'd be comfortable at any time after healing from my c/s. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DH is amazing.  I have no issues leaving DD1, DD2, or both with him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I left DD for a weekend to Vegas when she was 5 months old. I was EBF and brought my pump. It was definitely not a great idea, but I did have fun. Most of the time.
    :)
  • Options
    I'd leave her for a few hours with Dh if he were up to it. (So far 20 mins and he is calling me back in a panic).  I dont think I'll ever be comfortable leaving her for a whole weekend the first time I do it.  But somewhere after 5 months I might be willing to push myself to do it.  
  • Options
    I said 8-9 months.  Its not a trust issue with DH or anything.  Both boys would be just fine!  It's more that pumping for several days and nights would be a PITA and by then, DS might be on more solids and not as much BM.
  • Options
    My DH is amazing!  He is great with our DD.  I BF and have no reservations with leaving her with him.  At this point though, I wouldn't want to leave my family for a weekend in Vegas with friends, but that's just me.
  • Options

Given that the scenario is listed as LO being FF, I personally think that would fine whenever.

I guess I can see being uneasy leaving LO with a babysitter, even if they were family-but when it's DH, that's their parent. So I don't see the issue there.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

The question for me is when would DH be comfortable being left with LO for a weekend! He's a needy newborn so I voted 8-9 months although I hope it's sooner (though I don't know where I'd go without DH for a weekend). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I answered thinking you'd be going away with DH. Anyway, I left DS with DH for a girls weekend at 6 months.
    image Nicholas loved for 28 weeks, 4/11/10
    Baby Boy loved for 15 weeks, 5/31/11
    Baby Girl loved for 16.5 weeks. 3/1/12
  • Options
    I will have to leave DD regularly for 3 days/nights at a time for work starting when she's about 10 weeks old. My DH is great with DD--he can often calm her better than I can when she gets really upset. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I trust dh completly with all three kids for the weekend but I wouldn't want to be away that long. I couldn't be away that long. Dh and I went out for the evening on Saturday and it was nice but I sure was glad to be back home!!!
  • Options

For a trip? I didn't leave L&E until they were 5 months old.

For a night? Any time.

ETA: Apparently, I cannot read. For a weekend? Hmm. I'd do it between 2-3 months. Well, depends on the baby. With L,  I would have left him but with E, I couldn't have. She was clingy and didn't let anyone hold her but me.

• Options

imageMama_SAS:
    There's nothing I can do that DH can't and he's just as good with her as I am, so I'd be comfortable at any time after healing from my c/s. 

This. My DH is a rockstar!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"