1st Trimester

Itchy Itchy Eczema Flare

Since getting pregnant my skin has been SO dry & so itchy.  My eczema is out of control & I actually took benadryl yesterday to get some relief.

Has anyone else had this problem / have any ideas?

The only reference I've found to itchy skin & eczema flare in 1st tri is WTEWYE.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Itchy Itchy Eczema Flare

• I had it so bad on my legs at 10 weeks I went to the hospital in the middle of the night because it looked like an allergic reaction. My doctor said it was severe dermatitis. They gave me a low dose steroid cream that my doctor approved and it cleared it up. 

I feel your pain! The itching and burning was unbearable at night!! 

• Yup, it's horrible. Nothing works. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've experienced this as well -- just thought it was my diet so I've been drinking lots more water. This seems to help.

• I have it - only on my feet though.  Super weird.  Been suffering for almost a month and went to my primary care Dr. this am.  She said it's dermatitis and recommended cortizone cream, eucerin, and witch hazel.  She wouldn't prescribe anything stronger due though as she thought it wouldn't be safe for the baby...

She said it should go away when winter ends.  Ugg!

• My allergist reccomended CeraVe or Vanicream right after bathing.  I really hope it works.  I got about 4 hours of sleep last night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"