Pregnant after a Loss
Options

I'm a basketcase!!!

Hi everyone,

Someone on the October 2011 boards suggested I post here: 

So I've had 2 miscarriages (16 wks, 8 wks) but subsequent testing showed I have don't have a higher risk than anyone else of having a miscarriage--I just fell into that unfortunate group of people where miscarriages just happen.

Now that I'm pregnant again, I am a BASKETCASE.  EVERYTHING is making me freak out. Between the constant sensation of having to pee, having cerival mucus, and having bad gas pains/gas, I am terrified of seeing blood everytime I go to the bathroom. Is anyone else in this position? I feel like I'm CRAZY, though I think most people would think the fear is rational. I'm so worried that I'll continue like this for months, especially given that my first miscarriage was a second-trimester loss. 

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I'm a basketcase!!!

• Options
    I think all of us on PgAL feel or have felt like that.  Just remember that today you are pregnant and love your baby.  For me the weeks between finding out and having my first appointment and US were awful - the cramping was stressful, not knowing if everything was ok was stressful, but at the end of the day I knew that worrying wasn't going to change anything.  Each night before bed I say a little prayer of thanks for one more day of being pg and that I will get a healthy take-home baby in September.  Being positive is hard, but it's the only part of pregnancy that I have any control over.  I still get stressed and worried (and send 3:30 am panicked emails to my dr), but I celebrate small milestones and try and enjoy things.  At my last appointment (after said 3:30 am email) my mw, who has had 2 losses herself, basically said that until I can feel the baby moving consistently, I will be more stressed and just have to accept that.  You are not alone and I wish you all the best for an easy 9 mos and beyond.
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! You are certainly not alone. I'm still very nervous and worried about seeing blood every time I go to the bathroom. Since I also had a late loss (PPROM for unexplained causes), I don't really think I'll start to relax until I reach viability. Hopefully, given your history, your ob will see you more frequently and monitor you closely to ease your mind. I'm going for u/s with my ob every other week until I hit 24 weeks and that has definitely helped ease my fears.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome!  You are definitely not alone, and are not crazy.  This board is awesome because everyone understands how having a loss changes you.  Every time I go to the bathroom and don't see blood I breath a little sigh of relief.  I just try to take things one day at a time; each day along is one day closer.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP1: 8/20/10, spotting 8/23 at 5 wks, MTX shots 9/17 and 9/28
    BFP2: 2/12/11 Grow baby grow!
  • Options
    You are definitely not the only one feeling this way and definitely not crazy for thinking these things.  You have gone through a lot and just very cautious.  I worry every day, every minute, and every second.  I also worry that I will see blood on my TP and cannot stop checking it.  I try to take one day at a time and keep telling myself that "today I am pregnant and I love my baby."  This little mantra gets me through my tough days.  HUGS
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"