Austin Babies
Options

remind me again: last time to travel?

we have a family trip to port aransas scheduled mid june. my due date is aug 4. i went 10 days past my due date and was still induced with the first (if that matters)

when is the last time you traveled?

09/21/09 and 08/16/2011 image

Re: remind me again: last time to travel?

• Options
    I believe my doc wants me to stay within 1 hour of home from 36 weeks on, so I can travel up until then.  For air travel or 'big trips', she wants to know about any that happen in the 3rd tri, and maybe have me come in to do a bp/urine check right before I leave. 
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Your OB will have standard travel restrictions. My OB says no where farther than 1.5 hours away after 34 weeks.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine wanted me close to a good hospital past 34 weeks and within Austin once I hit 36 weeks.

I went to Port A the last weekend in June (weekend after fathers day) for our annual friends vacation and I delivered August 11 by induction. I was induced on August 10th. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You'll be fine.  I took a 3 hour flight to Detroit at 33-34 weeks and then a 14 hour drive to St Louis at 35-36 weeks.  The flight was fine, the drive absolutely sucked.
  • Options

imagerssnlvr:
    Your OB will have standard travel restrictions. My OB says no where farther than 1.5 hours away after 34 weeks.

i know the standard stuff Stick out tongue  just wanted to hear from real mom experiences.

09/21/09 and 08/16/2011 image
  • Options
    I flew to/from Florida in my 35th week.  My doc recommends no travel after 36 weeks, but I was nervous about flying so she started my internals early to make sure I wasn't having too much progress too early.
  • Options
    I was "allowed" to fly up until 35 weeks, I believe.  However, I flew at 29 weeks with Vivi and that was about as late as I'd ever do.  I was puffy and crampy and sore.  
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I went to Dallas for a family funeral at 37-weeks and dr understood just had me take my medical records with me.

Amy

• Options
    I flew to Belize at 30 weeks and it wasn't too bad. I wanted to go to Dallas at 35 weeks so my doctor checked me and I was dilated 2-3 cm so she reccommended I stay put in austin from that point forward.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"